M, #7516, b. 22 October 1922, d. 10 July 2001
- 2nd cousin 1 time removed of Joseph Wayne Peery
Rayburn Doyle Hayes was born on 22 October 1922 at Manning, Angelina County, Texas.1,2,3 He was the son of David Franklin Hayes and Cooty Snowden.1 Rayburn Doyle Hayes also went by the name of Gabby.1,3 He appeared as a son on the census of 5 May 1930 in the household of David Franklin Hayes and Zula Hayes at Pct 5, Manning Town, Angelina County, Texas.2 He was a veteran of the U. S. Navy, serving as a Boat Swain's Mate during World War II.1 He was a member of the Mason Lodge, the Yorks Rite, and former President of the Shriner's Club.1 He was retired from Southern Pacific Railroad after 40 years of service as a Switchman and Conductor circa 1987.1 He was a member of the First Baptist Church at Kelty, Angelina County, Texas.1 He died on 10 July 2001 at Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, at age 78 years, 8 months and 18 days.1,3 He was buried at Garden of Memories Cemetery, Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas.3
Children of Rayburn Doyle Hayes and Oletta Kathryn McCarty
- [S435] James H. Hayes, "E-Mail Messages from James H. Hayes," e-mail to Joe Peery, Various dates 2007, 2008, 2009.
- [S436] 05 May 1930, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: 2288, P2A.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 66101109 - Rayburn Doyle "Gabby" Hayes.
- [S314] Texas, Birth Index, 1903-1997, online search.ancestry.com.