M, #4747, b. circa 1770, d. 27 August 1812
Ashford Violett was born circa 1770 at Berkeley County, West Virginia.2,1 He was the son of Thomas Violett and Cressy Ashford.1 A contract for the marriage of Ashford Violett and Marie Louise Barre was signed on 14 December 1811 at St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.2 He married Marie Louise Barre, daughter of Charles Alexandre Barre and Marie Magdelaine Decuir, on 14 December 1811 at St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.1 He was murdered in a disagreement over a slave on 27 August 1812.3,4,5
Family: Ashford Violett and Marie Louise Barre
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, BARRE, Marie Louise - inhabitant of this parish, native of Opeloussas (major daughter of Charles & Magdeleine DESCUIRS) The bride is widow from her first marriage to Joseph Pierre NEZAT. m. 14 Dec. 1811 Ashford VIOLETT - inhabitant of this parish (major son of dec. Thomas & Cressy ASHFORD - native of Berkly County, Virginia) Wits: James MILLER, Louis GUEDRY, Martin SUDRIQUE, Jacques TOUSSAINT, RUELLAND, Augusta VIOLETT. Fr. Gabriel ISABEY (SM Ch.: v.5, #231).
- [S87] SWLR - St. Martin Parish Courthouse, BARRE, Marie Louise - widow of Joseph Pierre NEZAT (Charles & Magdelaine DECUIR) m. contract dated: 14 Dec. 1811 Ashferd VIOLETT - native of Virginia (Thomas & Cressy ASHFERD) Wits: James MILLER, Louis GUIDRY, Martin SOUDRIQUE, Victorin GUIDRY; Seth LEWIS, Parish Judge (SM Ct.Hse.: OA-v.26, #240).
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, BARRE, Marie Louise - widow of Ashford VIOLETT; inhabitant of this parish; native of Opeloussas parish (major daughter of Charles & Magdeleine DESCUIRS) m. 4 Nov. 1813 Edouard ROBERTSON - inhabitant of this parish; native of Virginia (major son of Thomas & Nancy CHERY) Wits: Stephen BROWN, David REES, Martin SUDRIQUE, Walter McBRIDE, H. EASTIN. Fr. Gabriel ISABEY (SM Ch.: v.5, #314).
- [S348] 05 Oct 1850, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: M432_240, Page 8.
- [S766] Judy Trahan Wostal, "E-Mail Messages from Judy Trahan Wostal to Joe Peery," e-mail to Joe Peery, Nov 2008.