Marie Magdelaine Decuir
F, #2829, b. circa 1755, d. before 14 July 1829
Marie Magdelaine Decuir was born circa 1755 at Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana.1 She married Charles Alexandre Barre on 9 April 1771 at Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana. She died before 14 July 1829.2
Children of Marie Magdelaine Decuir and Charles Alexandre Barre
- Julie Felicie Barre+ b. 5 Jan 1772, d. 4 Jan 1830
- Marie Louise Barre3 b. 29 Mar 1773
- Magdaleine Barre+4 b. c 1 Jan 1776, d. 4 Jun 1814
- Charles Barre5 b. 26 Oct 1779, d. 27 Oct 1779
- Genevieve Barre+ b. c 1780
- Helene Barre6 b. 19 Jun 1781, d. c 18 Feb 1793
- Paul Barre7 b. 15 Dec 1782, d. 23 Dec 1782
- boy Barre8 b. 11 Feb 1784, d. 17 Feb 1784
- Jean Barre9 b. 30 Dec 1784, d. 3 Jun 1788
- Euphrosine Barre+10 b. 4 Jan 1788, d. b 4 Jun 1859
- Amelie Barre11 b. c 1791
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, NEZAT, Cesaire (Augustin - of Pointe Coupee & Magdeleine BARRE - of Opelousas) b. 7 March 1800, bt. 5 Aug. 1800 Pats: Pierre NEZAT - of Layrac, diocese of Condom, France & Magdeleine PROVOST - of Petit Village on the Mississippi in Illinois country; Mats: Charles BARRE - of New Orleans & Magdeleine DECUIR - of Pointe Coupee; Spons: Joseph LATIOLAIS & Emilie BARRE - represented by Francoise NEZAT. During a mission "Par Arriba de Baillou Tech" [on the upper Bayou Teche] at Pierre NEZAT. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (SM Ch.: v.5, #298).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, BARRE, Charles - spouse of dec. Magdelaine DECUIRE; buried 14 July 1829 at age 83 years. Fr. Henry Flavius ROSSI (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.6).
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, BARRE, Marie Louise - inhabitant of this parish, native of Opeloussas (major daughter of Charles & Magdeleine DESCUIRS) The bride is widow from her first marriage to Joseph Pierre NEZAT. m. 14 Dec. 1811 Ashford VIOLETT - inhabitant of this parish (major son of dec. Thomas & Cressy ASHFORD - native of Berkly County, Virginia) Wits: James MILLER, Louis GUEDRY, Martin SUDRIQUE, Jacques TOUSSAINT, RUELLAND, Augusta VIOLETT. Fr. Gabriel ISABEY (SM Ch.: v.5, #231).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, BARRE, Magdeleine (Charles & Magdeleine DECUIR) m. 17 April 1792 Augustin NEZAT - of Atakapas (Pierre & Magdeleine PREVAUT) Wits: Joseph Pierre NEZAT, C. BARRE, Vincent ROQUIGNEZ, F. LEDOUX. Fr. Pedro de ZAMORA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.39).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, BARRE, Charles (Charles & Magdelaine DECUIRE) bt. 26 Oct. 1779 Spons: Jean Baptiste TONNOIR & Marie Louise PATIN. Fr. L.M. GRUMEAU (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.20).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, BARRE, Helene (Charles & Magdeleine DECUIRE) bt. 19 Aug. 1781 at age 2 mths. Spons: Jacques ROMAN - represented by Joseph CARON & Rosalie BOSSIE-BARRE - represented by Marie Louise BARRE PATIN. Fr. L.M. GRUMEAU (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.25).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, BARRE, Paul (Charles & Magdelaine DESCUIRS) bt. 22 Dec. 1782 at age 7 days Spons: Antoine GOUDEAU & Jeanne ROY; Signed: Charles BARRE. Fr. L.M. GRUMEAU (Opel. Ch.: Folio OA, p.39).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, BARRE, boy (Charles - of this district) bur. 17 Feb. 1784 at age 6 days. Wits: C. BARRE. Fr. GEFFROTIN, Cure of Attacapas (Opel. Ch.: Folio OA, p.18).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, BARRE, boy (Charles - inhabitant of this Post) d. 3 June 1788 at age 3 1/2 yrs., bur. 4 June 1788. Fr. Joseph de ARAZENA (Opel. Ch.: v.1, p.5).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, BARRE, Euphrosine (Charles & Magdelaine DECUIRE - "su esposa" [his wife]) b. 4 Jan. 1788, bt. 16 Nov. 1788 Spons: Jean Baptiste BARRE - represented by Phillip DUPLECHIN & Marie BARRE - her sister. Fr. Joseph de ARAZENA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.86).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, BARRE, Amelie - of this parish (Charles & Madeleine DECUIR) m. 12 Nov. 1811 William Pitt HIGBEE - of New Jersey (Joseph & Rachal RIGHT) Wits: Vidal ESTILETE, Louis TAURIAC. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1, p.217).