Marie Anne Meche1
F, #3087, b. June 1781, d. 6 November 1836
- 4th great-grandmother of Joseph Wayne Peery
Marie Meche was born in June 1781 at Pennsylvania.2,3,1 Marie Anne Meche also went by the name of Marianne.4 She was the daughter of Andre Meche and Anne Marie Dorothee Haverstock.2 She married Andre Marks, son of Andre Marks and Marie Anne Stelly, circa 1795. She was the godmother of Elizabeth Meche baptized on 1 October 1816 at St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.5 She was the godmother of Isaac Kennison baptized on 28 November 1817 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.6 She was listed as the wife in the succession of Andre Marks in September 1826 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.7 She died on 6 November 1836 at Grand Coteau, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, at age 55 years and 5 months.8,1 She was the subject of a succession filed in December 1836 at St. Landry Parish Courthouse, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.9
Children of Marie Anne Meche and Andre Marks
- Julie Marks+4 b. 19 Nov 1797
- Marie Marks10 b. 23 Jun 1799, d. b Sep 1826
- Emerante Marks+11 b. 21 Feb 1802, d. 12 Dec 1819
- Andre Placide Marks+12 b. 22 Sep 1804, d. 26 Apr 1848
- Eugenie Marks+13 b. 29 Jan 1807
- Brigitte Marks14 b. 16 Aug 1809, d. 22 Jan 1810
- Pauline Marks+ b. c 1810, d. 18 Apr 1838
- Appolonie Marks15 b. 25 Jan 1811, d. b Sep 1826
- Eulalie Marks b. 6 Jan 1814
- Marie Josephe Marks16 b. 7 Mar 1817, d. b Sep 1826
- child Marks17 b. 20 Dec 1819, d. 29 Dec 1819
- Elisabeth Marks18 b. 19 Apr 1821
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 55134979 - Andre Meche.
- [S11] Family Data Collection, online www.ancestry.com, Family Data Collection - Births about Marie Meche
Name: Marie Meche
Father: Andre Meche
Mother: Marie Dorothy Haverstock
Birth Date: Jun 1781
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, v. 2, p. 101, 'MARKS, Marie Josephe (Andre - from St. Jean Baptiste on the Mississippi & Marie MECH - native from here) b. 7 Mar 1817, bt. 2 May 1817 Pats: Andre MARKS - from St. John the Baptiste & Marie Anne SCHETEL - from the same place. Mats: Andre MECH & Marie HAVERSTOC - from Germany.'
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Julie (Andre MARQUEZ & Marianne MECHE) bt. Sunday, 19 Nov. 1797 supplied ceremony for baptism which was previously performed at home. Pats: Andre MARQUEZ and Marianne STELLY; Mats: Andre MECHE and Mary ABRESTOK [HAVERSTOCK]; Spons: Jean MECHE & Julie STELLY, her uncle and aunt. Fr. Pedro de ZAMORA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.191).
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, MECHE, Elizabeth (Georges METCHE - inhabitant at la petite anse & Elizabeth HAYSSE) b. 7 July 1816, bt. 1 Oct. 1816 Pats: dec. Andre METCHE & Marie HARBSTOCK; Mats: dec. Hamalagar HAYSSE & Elizabeth TRAITT; Spons: David HAYSSE & Marie MECHE - spouse of Andre MARKS. Fr. Gabriel ISABEY (SM Ch.: v.7, #44).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, KENNISON, Isaac (Isaac KENESSON - from Illinois & Julie MARQS [MARKS] - from here) b. 18 Sept. 1817, bt. 28 Nov. 1817 Pats: Isaac KENESSON & Anne BORES dit Marie - originally from America; Mats: Andre MARQS [MARKS] - from St. Jean Baptiste & Marie MECH - from here; Spons: Michel BLANCHET & Marie MECH - maternal grandmother of the baptized. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.116).
- [S100] SWLR - St. Landry Parish Courthouse, MARKS, Andre m. Marie MECHE - Children: Julie m. Isaac KENNISON; Emerante m. Zenon QUEBEDEAUX; Placide; Eugenie m. Paul LAGRANGE; Pauline m. Valerie STOUTS; Eulalie; Eliza. Succ. dated: Sept. 1826 (Opel. Ct.Hse.: Succ.#412).
- [S19] SWLR - St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church, MECHE, Marie m. Andre MARKS d. 6 Nov. 1836 at age 52 yrs. (GC Ch.: v. 1, p. 43).
- [S100] SWLR - St. Landry Parish Courthouse, MARKS, Andre m. Marie MECHE In Succ. of Marie MECHE Minor: Eliza MARKS dated Dec. 1836 (Opel. Ct. Hse.: Succ. #778).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Marie (Andre MARQUEZ & Marie MECHE) bt. Sunday, 23 June 1799 Pats: Andre MARQUEZ & Marianne STELLY; Mats: Andre MECHE & Marie ALBERTON; Spons: Andre MECHE & Marinette LALONDE. *Marginal note by Rev. Michel BARRIERE: "Voyes cy apres page 273 a la note" [See below, the note on page 273 (of the church register) - under entry of Emerante MARKS] Fr. Pedro de ZAMORA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.215).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Emerante (Andre MAXE & Marie MEISCH [MECHE] - of this parish) bt. 21 March 1802 at age 1 mth. Pats: Andre MAXE & Marie Anne STELLY; Mats: Andre MEISCH & Marie HABERSTOV; Spons: Jean DUBUISSON & Marie MEYER. [*Marginal note by Rev. Michel BARRIERE: "Ce nome de MAXE a ete cy devant mis MARQUES. Ce n'est qu'a cette epoque qu'il change. Voy page 191 et 215; il y a un Balthasar MARQUES et non un Andre MARQUES. Ce n'est qu'a la page 215 que cet Andre commence; Balthasar n'a aucun enfant nomme Andre. Nota: j'ai veriffie le nom MARQUES que le Rev. Pere Pierre a mis sur page 91; tous les MARQUES enregestres jusqu'a la page 180 inclusivement sont Balthasard MARQUES marie a Catherine MILLER; Le Rev. Pere ARAZENA avant lui les a mis aussie MARQUES; mais a la page 215 il y a un Andre MARQUES ainsi mis par le Rev. Pere PIERRE, et marie a Marie MEICHE qui est le meme que celui cy No. 14 et que Mr. BUHOT ecrit MAX; a ce momment je viens d'apprendre de personne sur que cet Andre est le frere de Balthasard, est venu du fleuve joindre son frere icy et que leur nom est MARCS." TRANSLATION:" This name MAXE has, before this time, been written as MARQUES. It is only now that it changes - see page 191 and 215; there is a Balthasar MARQUES and not an Andre MARQUES it is only on page 215 that this Andre appears, Balthasard has no children named Andre. Note: I verified the name MARQUES which Rev. Pierre has on page 91; all the MARQUES written in the register until page 180 inclusively are children of Balthasard MARQUES married to Catherine MILLER; the Rev. Fr. ARAZENA before him also entered these as MARQUES; but on page 215 there is an Andre MARQUES also entered by the Rev. Pierre and married to Marie MEICHE, who is the same as this one - No. 14 (Emerante MAXE) and which Mr. (Rev.) BUHOT entered as MAXE, at this time I have just learned from knowledgeable persons that this Andre is the brother of Balthasard, and coming from the River (Mississippi River - German Coast) to join his brother here and that their name is MARCS (which would eventually become MARKS)] Fr. BARRIERE served as pastor in Opelousas from 1812-1817 when he presumably wrote most of these marginal notes) Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.273).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Andre Placide (Andre MAXE & Marie MESCHE [MECHE]) b. 22 Sept. 1804, bt. 18 Oct. 1804 Spons: George MEISCHE [MECHE] & Dorothee EDMONT. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-B, p.339).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Eugenie (Andre MARX & Marie MESCHE [MECHE]) b. 29 Jan. 1807, bt. 15 March 1807 Spons: David MESCHE [MECHE] & Carmelite MAYER. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-B, p.409).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Brigitte (Andre MARX & Marie MESCH [MECHE]) b. 16 Aug. 1809, bt. 22 Oct. 1809 Spons: Michel MAYER & Julie MARX [MARKS]. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-B, p.480).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Appolonie (Andre MARX & Marie MESCH [MECHE]) b. 25 Jan. 1811, bt. 19 March 1811 Spons: Andre MAYER & Carmelite MAYER. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-B, p.519).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Marie Josephe (Andre - from St. Jean Baptiste on the Mississippi & Marie MECH - native from here) b. 7 March 1817, bt. 2 May 1817 Pats: Andre MARKS - from St. John the Baptiste & Marie Anne SCHETELI - from the same place; Mats: Andre MECH & Marie HAVERSTOC - from Germany; Spons: Andre MAYRE, represented by Alexis MAYRE & Emerente MECHE. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.101).
- [S19] SWLR - St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church, MARKS, child (Andre MARCS & Marie MATCH [MECHE]) died at la prairie Laurent 29 Dec. 1819 at age 9 days; buried 30 Dec. 1819 in the St. Charles church cemetery. Fr. Hercule BRASSAC (GC Ch.: v.1, p.1, #9).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Elisabeth (Andre & Marie MECHE) b. 19 April 1821, bt. 19 June 1821 Pats: Andre MARKS & Marianne STELY; Mats: Andre MECHE & Marie APROSTOC [HAVERSTOCK]; Spons: Jean QUEBEDO & Julie MARKS. Fr. Flavius Henri ROSSI (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.221).