F, #3099, b. 21 February 1802, d. 12 December 1819
- 3rd great-grandaunt of Joseph Wayne Peery
Emerante Marks was born on 21 February 1802 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.1 She was the daughter of Andre Marks and Marie Anne Meche.1 She was baptized on 21 March 1802 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, at age 1 month.1 She was the godmother of Anne Kennison baptized on 30 July 1815 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.2 She married Zenon Quebodeau, son of Charles Quebodeau and Marie Chaterine Recuron, on 17 June 1817 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.3 She died on 12 December 1819 at Grand Coteau, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, at age 17 years, 9 months and 21 days.4 She was buried on 13 December 1819 at St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery, Grand Coteau, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.4 She was listed as a daughter in the succession of Andre Marks in September 1826 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.5
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Emerante (Andre MAXE & Marie MEISCH [MECHE] - of this parish) bt. 21 March 1802 at age 1 mth. Pats: Andre MAXE & Marie Anne STELLY; Mats: Andre MEISCH & Marie HABERSTOV; Spons: Jean DUBUISSON & Marie MEYER. [*Marginal note by Rev. Michel BARRIERE: "Ce nome de MAXE a ete cy devant mis MARQUES. Ce n'est qu'a cette epoque qu'il change. Voy page 191 et 215; il y a un Balthasar MARQUES et non un Andre MARQUES. Ce n'est qu'a la page 215 que cet Andre commence; Balthasar n'a aucun enfant nomme Andre. Nota: j'ai veriffie le nom MARQUES que le Rev. Pere Pierre a mis sur page 91; tous les MARQUES enregestres jusqu'a la page 180 inclusivement sont Balthasard MARQUES marie a Catherine MILLER; Le Rev. Pere ARAZENA avant lui les a mis aussie MARQUES; mais a la page 215 il y a un Andre MARQUES ainsi mis par le Rev. Pere PIERRE, et marie a Marie MEICHE qui est le meme que celui cy No. 14 et que Mr. BUHOT ecrit MAX; a ce momment je viens d'apprendre de personne sur que cet Andre est le frere de Balthasard, est venu du fleuve joindre son frere icy et que leur nom est MARCS." TRANSLATION:" This name MAXE has, before this time, been written as MARQUES. It is only now that it changes - see page 191 and 215; there is a Balthasar MARQUES and not an Andre MARQUES it is only on page 215 that this Andre appears, Balthasard has no children named Andre. Note: I verified the name MARQUES which Rev. Pierre has on page 91; all the MARQUES written in the register until page 180 inclusively are children of Balthasard MARQUES married to Catherine MILLER; the Rev. Fr. ARAZENA before him also entered these as MARQUES; but on page 215 there is an Andre MARQUES also entered by the Rev. Pierre and married to Marie MEICHE, who is the same as this one - No. 14 (Emerante MAXE) and which Mr. (Rev.) BUHOT entered as MAXE, at this time I have just learned from knowledgeable persons that this Andre is the brother of Balthasard, and coming from the River (Mississippi River - German Coast) to join his brother here and that their name is MARCS (which would eventually become MARKS)] Fr. BARRIERE served as pastor in Opelousas from 1812-1817 when he presumably wrote most of these marginal notes) Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.273).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, KENNISON, Anne (Izaac KENESSON - from Illinois & Julie MARKS - from here) b. 6 July 1815, bt. 30 July 1815 Pats: Izaac KENESSON & Anne BOURS - of America; Mats: Andre MARKS - of St. John the Baptiste & Marie MECHE - from here; Spons: Maximilien KENNESSON & Emerente MARKS. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.54).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Emerente - native of this parish (minor daughter of Andre - native of St. Jean Baptiste on the Mississippi & Marie MECH [MECHE] - native of this parish & inhabitants of la Prairie Manne) m. 17 June 1817 Zenon QUEBEDAU - native of St. ---torn--- (dec. Charle - native of Illinois & --- native of la pointe couppee & inhabitants of this parish at prairie des femmes) Wits: Andre MECHE, Andre MARKS - bride's father, Izaac KENESSON [KENNISON], Nemesie MAYER, Andre MAYER, Alexis MAYER, L. HENRY - all inhabitants of this parish. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.1-B, p.303).
- [S19] SWLR - St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church, MARKS, Emerante - spouse of Zenon QUEBODEAU (Andre MARCS & Marie MATCH [MECHE]) died at la prairie du Grand Coteau on 12 Dec. 1819 at age about 17 years; buried 13 Dec. 1819 in the St. Charles cemetery. Fr. Hercule BRASSAC (GC Ch.: v.1, p.1, #5).
- [S100] SWLR - St. Landry Parish Courthouse, MARKS, Andre m. Marie MECHE - Children: Julie m. Isaac KENNISON; Emerante m. Zenon QUEBEDEAUX; Placide; Eugenie m. Paul LAGRANGE; Pauline m. Valerie STOUTS; Eulalie; Eliza. Succ. dated: Sept. 1826 (Opel. Ct.Hse.: Succ.#412).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, QUEBEDEAU, Emerente (Zenon & Emerante MARKS) b. 2 June 1818, bt. 18 Oct. 1818 Pats: Charles QUEBEDAUT & Marie Chaterine DECURON [RECUIRON]; Mats: Andre MARKS & Marie MECHE; Spons: Andres MARKS & Marie Chaterine DECUEIRON [RECURON]. Fr. Flavius Henri ROSSI (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.148).