John Wesley Knight1
M, #7572, b. 3 May 1857, d. 30 January 1930
John Wesley Knight was born on 3 May 1857 at Alabama.2,3 He married Sebell Narcissus Truett circa 1877 at Alabama.3 He and Sebell Narcissus Truett appeared on the census of 20 June 1900 at Pct 7, Mobile, Tyler County, Texas. Also living in the house were their children, Gerome N. Knight, Christopher Columbus Knight, Docie Knight, Jascy Knight, Carrie Knight, John W. Knight Jr. and Barney Knight.3 He was employed as a farmer on his own farm on 20 June 1900 at Pct 7, Mobile, Tyler County, Texas.3 He became a widower upon the death of his wife, Sebell Narcissus Truett, on 3 February 1908.4 He died on 30 January 1930 at age 72 years, 8 months and 27 days.2 He was buried at Mt. Zion Cemetery, Chester, Tyler County, Texas.2
Children of John Wesley Knight and Sebell Narcissus Truett
- Jerome N. Knight+3 b. 7 Dec 1878, d. 7 Jun 1958
- (?) Knight3 b. c 1880, d. b 20 Jun 1900
- (?) Knight3 b. c 1882, d. b 20 Jun 1900
- Christopher Columbus Knight3 b. 17 Feb 1884, d. 8 Oct 1968
- Docie Knight3 b. Jan 1887
- Jascy Knight3 b. May 1889
- Carrie Knight3 b. Dec 1891
- John W. Knight Jr.3 b. Feb 1895
- Barney Knight3 b. Oct 1898
- [S727] Kay Barnes, "E-Mail Message from Kay Barnes to Joe Peery," e-mail to Joe Peery, Various Dates, Dated 08 July 2012.
- [S447] Jim W. and Ann Crews Laird, Tyler County Texas Gravestone Inscriptions, p. 109.
- [S445] 20 Jun 1900, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T623_1674, P8B.
- [S447] Jim W. and Ann Crews Laird, Tyler County Texas Gravestone Inscriptions, p. 110.