M, #4765, b. 8 August 1752
Etienne Daigle was born on 8 August 1752 at New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana.2 He was the son of Etienne Daigle and Evangelique LaPrade.2 He married Marianne Tayon, daughter of Joseph Michel Tayon and Marie Louise Boisset, on 5 August 1777 at St. Louis, St. Louis City, Missouri.1 He was the godfather of Azelie Doucet baptized on 17 June 1803 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.3
Children of Etienne Daigle and Marianne Tayon
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, DAIGLE, Josephine - living in this parish (dec. Etienne & Anne TAYON) m. 13 Feb. 1811 Luffroy LATIOLAIS - of this parish (dec. Louis & Julienne BARRE) Wits: Leon LATIOLAIS, Joseph READ---, Etienne DAIGLE, Joseph DAIGLE. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1, p.210).
- [S91] Southwest Louisiana Records (1750-1900), DAIGLE, Etienne (son of Etienne DAIGLE & Evangelique LAPRADE) b. 8 Aug. 1752; bt. in Destrehan (New Orleans). He married at St. Louis, Missouri on 5 August 1777 to Marie Anne TAYON - from St. Anne at Fort Chartres, Illinois (dgtr. of Joseph Michel TAYON & Marie Louise BOISSET) [Source: Personal notes of Anton Pregaldin, Missouri. Registers of St. Louis, Missouri].
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, DOUCET, Azelie (Pierre & Louise LACASSE - residents of this parish) bt. 17 June 1803 at age 2 mths. Pats: Pierre DOUCET & Marie Magdeleine COMAU; Mats: Charles LACASSE & Felicite LANGLOIS; Spons: Etienne DAIGLE & Marie Magdeleine COMAU. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-B, p.304).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, DAIGLE, Etienne - of New Orleans, single (Etienne & Marie Anne RAYON) m. 27 June 1803 Marie DOUCET - of this parish, single (Pierre & Madeleine COMO) Wits: Michel CAUMAU, Joseph DAIGLE, Joseph DOUCET. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.121).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, DAIGLE, Joseph - of New Orleans, single (Etienne & Marie Anne RAYON) m. 19 July 1803 Pelagie DOUCET - single (Pierre & Madeleine COMO) Wits: Simon BELLARD, E. DAIGLE. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.123).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, DAIGLE, Alexandre (Alexandre - who declared himself as father in the presence of the godparents - & Marie SIMARD - native of Atakapas) b. 19 May 1811, bt. 9 Oct. 1813 Pats: Etienne DAIGLE - from St. Charles on the Mississippi & Marie TAILLON - of Illinois; Mats: Louis SIMARD - of Canada & Marie Rose TRAHAN - of St. Landry parish; Spons: Antoine BELARD & Marie BELARD - his daughter, represented by Marie ACOING - wife of Antoine BELARD. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.11).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, DAIGLE, Marie Louise (Etienne & Marie Anne TAYLOR) m. 27 Oct. 1835 Jacques DELBOURG (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.80).