Louis Sostene Arceneaux1
M, #4735, b. 1 March 1804
- 1st cousin 4 times removed of Joseph Wayne Peery
Louis Sostene Arceneaux was born on 1 March 1804 at St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.1 He was the son of Pierre Arceneaux and Marie Josephe Nezat.1 He was baptized on 14 March 1804 at St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, at age 13 days.1 He was the godfather of Pierre Emile Arceneaux baptized on 16 July 1825 at Cathedral of St. John, 914 St. John Street, Lafayette, Lafayette Parish, Louisiana.2 He was the godfather of Aspasie Laure Bernard baptized on 11 December 1825 at St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.3 He married Marie Fanni Roy, daughter of Solastie Lenville Roy Sr. and Marie Francoise Nezat, on 2 November 1830 at St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.4
Family: Louis Sostene Arceneaux and Marie Fanni Roy
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ARCENEAUX, Louis Sosthene (Pierre ARSENAUT & Joseph [usually Josephe] NEZAT - inhabitants of Atacapas) bt. 14 March 1804 at age 13 days. Spons: Louis ARSENAUT & Madeleine PREVOT. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-B, p.326).
- [S21] SWLR - Cathedral of St. John, ARCENEAUX, Pierre Emile (Pierre Emile & Marie Azelite BRAU) b. 26 July 1824, bt. 16 July 1825 Spons: Sosthene ARCENEAUX & Adelaide BRAU. Fr. Laurent PEYRETTI (Laf. Ch.: v.2, #100).
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, BERNARD, Aspasie Laure (Ervilien & Hortence DUGAS) b. 26 May 1825, bt. 11 Dec. 1825 Pats: Francois BERNARD dit Michau & Magdelaine BROUSSARD; Mats: Louis DUGAS & Constance LEBLANC; Spons: Sosthenes ARCENNAUX & Aspasie BERNARD; Signed: Sosthene ARCENEAUX. Fr. Marcel BORELLA (SM Ch.: v.7, #1690).
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, ARCENEAUX, Sosthenes - from Lafayette Parish (major son of Pierre ARCENEAU & Josete NEZAT) m. 2 Nov. 1830 Marie Euphanie [also Fany] ROY - of St. Martin Parish (minor daughter of Solastie & Marie NEZAT) Wits: Jean Francois DOMENGEAUX, Orrellien ARCENAUX, Hippolite BRAU, Jean CAILLIER, Honore AUBERT, Alexandre ARCENEAU fils, Solastie ROY. Fr. Marcel BORELLA (SM Ch.: v.7, #165).