Helen Arthur Strickland1
F, #4592, b. 14 June 1922, d. 9 December 2006
Helen Arthur Strickland was born on 14 June 1922 at Russellville, Pope County, Arkansas.2 She was the daughter of Austern R. Strickland and Mattie Brimer.2 She appeared on the census of 8 April 1930 in the household of Mattie Brimer at 419 Greenwich Avenue, Russellville, Pope County, Arkansas.3 She married Donald David Salmi, son of David Salmi and Gustava Sironen, on 26 January 1944 at Sebastian County, Arkansas.4,5,1 She was the nearest relative listed on the registration for military service of Donald David Salmi on 9 July 1945 at Brantwood, Price County, Wisconsin.6 She became a widow upon the death of her husband, Donald David Salmi, on 12 June 1978 at Fayetteville, Washington County, Arkansas.7,8 She died on 9 December 2006 at Lincoln, Washington County, Arkansas, at age 84 years, 5 months and 25 days.9,10 She was cremated at Arkansas.9,11
Children of Helen Arthur Strickland and Donald David Salmi
Family: Helen Arthur Strickland and Robert Thomas Carey
- [S170] Johnny Andrew Salmi, Certificate of Death.
- [S171] Helen Strickland, Certificate of Birth, Certified Copy (12 Aug 1922).
- [S177] 8 Apr 1930, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: 89, P7B.
- [S1507] Arkansas, Marriage Certificates, 1917-1969, online www.ancestry.com, Name Helen A. Strickland
Marriage License Age 21
Record Type MarriageLicense
Birth Date 1923
Marriage License Date 26 Jan 1944
Marriage License Place Arkansas, USA
Marriage Place Sebastian, Arkansas, USA
Spouse Donald D. Salmie
Certificate Number 035865.
- [S920] Arkansas, County Marriages Index, 1837-1957, online search.ancestry.com, Arkansas, County Marriages Index, 1837-1957 about Donald D Salmi
Name: Donald D Salmi
Birth Year: abt 1920
Residence: Brantwood, Price, Wisconsin
Spouse's Name: Helen A Strickland
Spouse's Gender: Female
Spouse's Age: 21
Spouse's Residence: Russellville, Pope, Arkansas
Marriage Date: 26 Jan 1944
Marriage License Date: 26 Jan 1944
Marriage County: Sebastian
Event Type: Marriage
FHL Film Number: 2133846.
- [S1140] "WW II Draft Registration Cards" (1942 - 1945), Name: Donald D Salmi
Birth Date: 20 Apr
Birth Place: Brantwood, Wisconsin
Residence Place: Brantwood, Price, Wisconsin, USA
Registration Date: 9 Jul 1945
Registration Place: Price, Wisconsin, USA
Height: 5'' 5"
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Next of Kin: Helen Salmi.
- [S213] Death Records, U. S. Veterans Gravesites, ca. 1775-2006, U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006 about Donald D Salmi
Name: Donald D Salmi
Service Info.: CPL US ARMY WORLD WAR II
Birth Date: 20 Apr 1920
Death Date: 12 Jun 1978
Service Start Date: 25 Jul 1940
Interment Date: 15 Jun 1978
Cemetery: Fayetteville National Cemetery
Cemetery Address: 700 Government Avenue Fayetteville, AR 72701
Buried At: Section 19 Site 73.
- [S20] Death Records, SSDI Search Results, U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-Current about Donald Salmi
Name: Donald Salmi
Last Residence: 72729 Evansville, Washington, Arkansas, USA
Born: 20 Apr 1919
Last Benefit: 72729 Evansville, Washington, Arkansas, United States of America
Died: Jun 1978
State (Year) SSN issued: Wisconsin (Before 1951).
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/232318993/… : accessed 24 April 2022), memorial page for Helen Arthur Strickland Salmi Carey (14 Jun 1922–9 Dec 2006), Find a Grave Memorial ID 232318993, ; Maintained by Joe Peery (contributor 47365939) Cremated.
- [S20] Death Records, SSDI Search Results, Name: Helen A. Carey
72744 Lincoln, Washington, Arkansas, USA
BORN: 14 Jun 1922
Last Benefit: 72729, Evansville, Washington, Arkansas, United States of America
Died: 9 Dec 2006
State (Year) SSN issued: Arkansas (Before 1951).
- [S48] Newspaper Clipping (Not Identified), Helen A. Carey
(Obituary published by Luginbuel Funeral Home of Prairie Grove, Arkansas)
84, a resident of Lincoln Arkansas, passed away December 9, 2006 at her home in Lincoln, Arkansas. She was born June 14, 1922 at Russellville, Arkansas the daughter of Arthur K. and Martha L. Brimer Strickland
She attended the Bethel Christian Center;
Helen was preceded in death by her parents, two husbands, Donald David Salmi and Robert Thomas Carey; one son, Johnny Andrew Salmi and two sisters, Mary Hill and Julia Strickland;
Survivors include one son and daughter in law, Arthur and Elaine Salmi of Showlow, Arizona; one daughter and son in law, Patsy A. and Frank Mozden of Lincoln, Arkansas; one daughter in law, Caroline Salmi of Michigan; twenty two grandchildren and twenty six great grandchildren;
The family will have a Private Memorial Service
Arrangements are under the direction of the Luginbuel Funeral Home of Prairie Grove, Arkansas. To sign the online guest book, visit www.luginbuel.com.
- [S158] Interview, Caroline Rose Salmi, (05 Feb 2005).