Johnny Andrew Salmi
M, #2479, b. 14 April 1946, d. 2 January 1998
Johnny Andrew Salmi was born on 14 April 1946 at Rockford, Winnebago County, Illinois.1,2 He was the son of Donald David Salmi and Helen Arthur Strickland.2 Johnny Andrew Salmi also went by the name of Johnny. He on 13 April 1968 was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal for Herioc Action by the Commander in Chief U.S. Pacific Fleet.3 He was a veteran of the United States Navy, retiring as a Chief Boatswain's Mate.2 His Social Security Number was 573-62-6032.2 He died of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma at 12:07 am on 2 January 1998 at 5258 Arizona Highway 260, Show Low, Navajo County, Arizona, at age 51 years, 8 months and 19 days.4,1 He was cremated on 6 January 1998 at White Mountain Crematory, Show Low, Navajo County, Arizona, and his ashes were spread over Silver Strand Beach, San Diego, CA USA.2,1,5
Children of Johnny Andrew Salmi and Caroline Rose Vassanelli
- [S66] Interview, Amanda Rose Salmi, (11 May 2004).
- [S170] Johnny Andrew Salmi, Certificate of Death.
- [S1523] "U.S., Navy and Marines Awards and Decorations, 1942-1994" , Name Johnny Andrew Salmi
Award Date 13 Apr 1968
Type of Medal Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal
Military Unit 6409
Military Service Branch Navy
Awarded By Commander in Chief U.S. Pacific Fleet.
- [S170] Johnny Andrew Salmi, Certificate of Death, State of Arizona
Certificate of Death
Johnny Andrew Salmi
January 2, 1998.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/149451673/… : accessed 24 April 2022), memorial page for Johnny Andrew Salmi (14 Apr 1946–2 Jan 1998), Find a Grave Memorial ID 149451673, ; Maintained by Joe Peery (contributor 47365939) Cremated, Ashes given to family or friend.
- [S158] Interview, Caroline Rose Salmi, (05 Feb 2005).
- [S167] Amanda Rose Salmi, Certificate of Live Birth, 633639 (24 Jan 1979).