F, #3036, b. circa 1765, d. before 20 November 1806
- 5th great-grandmother of Joseph Wayne Peery
Catherine Miller was born circa 1765 at Mississippi River.1,2,3 She was the daughter of Jacob Miller and Anna Maria Theissen. In 1769,Catherine Miller moved with her family to New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana.1 She married Baltazar Marks, son of Andre Marks and Marie Anne Stelly, circa 1782. She was the godmother of Michel George Stelly baptized on 15 August 1782 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.4 She died before 20 November 1806.5
Children of Catherine Miller and Baltazar Marks
- Jean Baptiste Marks+ b. c 1783, d. 12 Apr 1820
- Baltasar Marks6 b. 1 Jul 1786, d. Apr 1790
- Catherine Marks+7 b. 15 Jun 1788, d. 26 Mar 1824
- Lise Berette Marks8 b. c 1789, d. b 8 Jul 1828
- Eufrosine Marks b. c 1790, d. Jul 1806
- Liberate Marks b. 30 Sep 1792
- Simon Marks+ b. 25 Dec 1794
- Francois Marks+ b. 25 Mar 1796
- [S1298] U. S. & Canada, Passenger & Immigration Lists, online http://search.ancestry.com/, Name: Catherine Miller
Birth Year: abt 1765
Arrival Year: 1769
Arrival Place: New Orleans, Louisiana
Family Members: Wife Anne Marie 30; Daughter Barbe 6; Daughter Catherine 4; Daughter Anne Marie 3; Son Jacob 2
Source Publication Code: 4656
Primary Immigrant: Miller, Jacob
Source Bibliography: "LIST OF GERMAN AND ACADIAN FAMILIES Who Went by an English Vessel to New Orleans to Settle...1769." In New Orleans Genesis, vol. 22 (July 1983), pp. 370-373.
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, v. 2, p. 38, 'MARKS, Jean Balthazar (Jean Baptiste MARCS & Reine LALONDE - from here) b. 20 Jul 1814, bt. 1 Sep 1814 Pats: Balthasard MARCS - of St. John Baptist on the Mississippi & Catherine MILLER - of America; Mats: Guillaume LALONDE - of Canada & Agnes SCHIC [WILTZ] - of False River.'
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, v. 2, p. 51, 'MARKS, Josephine (Simon & Marie Jeane SCHETELY [STELLY] - of this parish) b. 13 Mar 1815, bt. 1 Jun 1815 Pats: Balthasard MARCS [MARKS] & Catherine MILLER - from the (Mississippi) River; Mats: Jean Baptiste SCHETELY [STELLY] - of the River & Magdelaine RETHER [RITTER] - of Maryland.'
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, STELLY, George (George CHETLY & Marie Barbara MILHAU [MILLER]) bt. 15 Aug. 1782 at age 3 wks. Spons: Baltazar MARGS [MARKS] & Catherine MILHAU [MILLER]. Fr. L.M. GRUMEAU (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.40).
- [S100] SWLR - St. Landry Parish Courthouse, v. A-1, # 124-A, 'MARKS, Catherine (dec. Balthazard & dec. Catherine MILLER) m. contract dated: 20 Nov 1806 Jean Baptiste STELY - native of Opelousas County; wid. of dec. Cecile BURLEIGH (Jean Baptiste & Magdelaine REITER) They were married in the Catholic Church on 21 Oct 1806.'
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Baltasar (Baltasar AMAT & Catherine MILER) b. 1 July 1786, bt. 20 Aug. 1786 Spons: Andre MAY [probably MAYER] & Marie MILER. *Marginal note by Fr. Michel BARRIERE: "Ce mot AMAT est, cy apres, ecrit jusqu en 1797, MARQUES, mari comme icy de Catherine MILLER." [This word (name) AMAT is, hereafter, written until 1797 as MARQUES (MARKS), husband, as indicated here, of Catherine MILLER]. Fr. Joseph de ARAZENA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.59).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Catherine (Baltasar MARQUES & Catherine MILER) b. 15 June 1788, bt. 31 Aug. 1788 Spons: Andre MARGS [MARKS] & Victoire ANDRE NAIR - of this Parish. Fr. Joseph de ARAZENA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.82).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARKS, Lise - of this parish (Baltazar & Catherine MILLER) m. 18 Oct. 1808 George MAYER - of this parish (Andre & Marie Anne STELLY) Wits: Jean Baptiste NERAUT, Andre NERAUT, William JOHNSON. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.180).