John Walter Peery1
M, #1616, b. 30 May 1873, d. 24 September 1960
- Granduncle of Joseph Wayne Peery
John Walter Peery was born on 30 May 1873 at Arkansas.2,1,3,4 He was the son of John W. Peery and Penelope Ann Hayes.1,3 He appeared on the census of 24 June 1880 in the household of Calvin L. Cox and Paulipa A. Cox at Terre Noire Township, Clark County, Arkansas.3 He appeared on the census of 5 June 1900 at Pct 4, Hardin County, Texas.5 He was employed as a farmer on 5 June 1900 at Pct 4, Hardin County, Texas.5 He married Cayro J. Braden, daughter of Haldidge Brooks Braden and Mary Jane lnu, circa 1907.1,6,7 He and his wife Cayro J. Peery appeared on the census of 16 May 1910 at Wappanocca, Crittenden County, Arkansas.7 He registered for military service on 12 September 1918 at Idabel, McCurtain County, Oklahoma.2 He and his wife Cayro J. Braden appeared on the census of 28 January 1920 at Ohio Street, Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas.6 He was employed as a laborer on 28 January 1920 at Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas.6 As of 1935, John Walter Peery and Cayro J. Peery lived at Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma.8 He and his wife Cayro J. Peery appeared on the census of 1 April 1940 at Olive, Creek County, Oklahoma.8 He died on 24 September 1960 at Creek County, Oklahoma, at age 87 years, 3 months and 25 days.9,10 He was buried at Drumright North Cemetery (aka Oakwood Cemetery), Drumright, Creek County, Oklahoma.11
Children of John Walter Peery and Cayro J. Braden
- [S25] Mann/Wellhausen Family, online www.ancestry.com.
- [S1126] "WW I Draft Registration Cards" (1917 - 1918), Name: John Walter Perry
[John Walter Pury]
Birth Date: 30 May 1873
Color of Eyes/Hair:
- [S6] 24 Jun 1880, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T9_40, P425D.
- [S455] Carol Gallegos, "E-Mail Message from Carol Gallegos to James H. Hayes," e-mail to James Hayes, 26 Sep 2007.
- [S130] 6 May 1900, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T623_1641, P2B.
- [S131] 28 Jan 1920, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T625_1858, P35B.
- [S1286] U. S. Census Records, U. S. Federal Census, 1910 United States Federal Census about John W Penny
Name: John W Penny
[John W Penry]
Age in 1910: 35
Birth Year: abt 1875
Home in 1910: Wappanocca, Crittenden, Arkansas
Relation to Head of House: Head
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Cairo J Penny
Father's Birthplace: Tennessee
Mother's Birthplace: Louisiana
Neighbors: View others on page
John W Penny 35
Cairo J Penny 24.
- [S1318] 1940 United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah.
- [S1474] Oklahoma Death Index, online https://ok2explore.health.ok.gov/, PEERY JOHN W M Creek 9 24 1960.
- [S26] The Orange Leader, Obituary, William S. Peery, (15 Jan 1945).
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, MEMORIAL ID 159371265 - John W Peery.