M, #155, b. 8 May 1745, d. 7 January 1817
- 4th great-grandfather of Joseph Wayne Peery
Joseph Roy was born on 8 May 1745 at New Roads, Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana.1 He was the son of Joseph Roy dit Chatellereau and Perinne LaCour. He married Marie Louise Bellonie on 26 July 1769.1 He married Anne Bordelon, daughter of Nicolas Bordelon and Adrienne Rondeau, on 11 May 1770 at Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana.2 He was a member of St. Landry Catholic Church serving as the Parish Trustee at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, on 1 October 1804.3 He appeared on the census of 1810 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.4 He died on 7 January 1817 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, at age 71 years, 7 months and 30 days.5 He was buried on 7 January 1817 at St. Landry Catholic Cemetery, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.5 He was the grandfather of Emilie Roy baptized on 28 January 1818 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.6
Family: Joseph Roy and Marie Louise Bellonie
Children of Joseph Roy and Julienne Annette Bordelon
- Joseph Roy Jr.+ b. 23 May 1771, d. b Dec 1824
- Theotiste Roy+ b. 24 Jul 1773
- Solastie Lenville Roy Sr.+ b. c 1775, d. 11 Mar 1836
- Jean Baptiste Roy b. 5 Nov 1775
- Julie Lufroi Roy+ b. 26 Mar 1778
- Ludivine Roy+ b. 11 Jun 1780, d. b 21 Dec 1841
- Valerien Roy+7 b. 22 Sep 1780, d. b Apr 1836
- Celeste Roy8 b. 26 Mar 1786, d. 3 Nov 1804
- Josephine Euphamie Roy+9 b. 9 Mar 1787, d. 18 Aug 1819
- [S10] World Family Tree, online www.genealogy.com, v. 12, Tree 3401.
- [S14] Louisiana, Marriages, 1718-1925, online search.ancestry.com, Louisiana, Marriages, 1718-1925 about Joseph Roy
Name: Joseph Roy
Spouse: Anne Bordelon
Marriage Date: 11 May 1770
Marriage Pace: Avoyelles.
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, v. 5, #22, 'NEZAT, Brigitte (dec. Pierre - of Layrac, France & Magdeleine PROVOT -of Fort Chartres on the Mississippi) m. 1 Oct 1804 Valerie ROY - of Pointe Coupee (Joseph - of Pointe Coupee, 'major domo' [trustee] of the parish of St. Landry in Opelousas & Anne BORDELON - of Pointe Coupee) Wits: Joseph LATIOLAIS, Solastie ROY, Pierre NEZAT, Felice BARRIERE, Joseph NEZAT.'
- [S264] 1810, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: M252_10, Page 323.
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROY, Joseph - native of Pointe Coupee and inhabitant of this parish of St. Landry for about 40 years; married to Anne BORDELON, bur. 7 Jan. 1817 at age 72 years in the parish cemetery. He died at his home at a place called "Le vieux vilage" [the Old Town] and received all the sacraments with sentiments of a very strong faith and great piety. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.1, p.157).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROY, Emilie (Vallery & Brigitte NEZAT) b. 8 Nov. 1817, bt. 28 Jan. 1818 Pats: dec. Joseph ROY & Annette BORDELON; Mats: Pierre NEZAT & Magdelaine PREVAUT [PREVOST]; Spons: Lufroi ROY & Delphine ROY; Signed: Valeri ROY. Fr. Flavius Henri ROSSI (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.121).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROY, Valerien (Joseph & Nanette BORDELON) bt. 22 March 1781 at age 6 mths. Spons: Honore BARRE & Adrienne BORDELO. Fr. L.M. GRUMEAU (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.24).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROY, Celeste (Joseph & Anne BORDELON) b. 26 March 1786, bt. 20 Aug. 1786 Spons: Nicolas BORDELON & Celeste BOISDORE. Fr. Joseph de ARAZENA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.59).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROY, Yphania [perhaps Euphanie] (Joseph & Anne BORDELON - his wife - all inhabitants of this district) b. 9 March 1787, bt. 3 May 1789 Spons: Hipolite BORDELON & Theotiste ROY, her sister. Fr. Joseph de ARAZENA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.91).