Josephine Euphamie Roy1
F, #154, b. 9 March 1787, d. 18 August 1819
- 3rd great-grandmother of Joseph Wayne Peery
Yphamie Roy was born on 9 March 1787 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.2 She was the daughter of Joseph Roy and Julienne Annette Bordelon.2 Josephine Euphamie Roy also went by the name of Fagney. Josephine Euphamie Roy also went by the name of Francoise. She was baptized on 3 May 1789 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, at age 2 years, 1 month and 24 days.2 She married Alexandre Nezat, son of Pierre Nezat and Marie Magdelaine Prevost, on 26 September 1803 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.3 She died on 18 August 1819 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, at age 32 years, 5 months and 9 days.4 She was buried on 19 August 1819 at St. Landry Catholic Cemetery, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.4 She was the subject of a succession filed on 17 January 1821 at St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.5
Children of Josephine Euphamie Roy and Alexandre Nezat
- Pierre Alexandre Nezat+ b. 4 Aug 1804, d. 9 Aug 1881
- Magdaleine Arthemise Nezat+ b. c 4 Feb 1806, d. 23 Jan 1873
- Theotiste Nezat b. 11 Feb 1808, d. 21 Feb 1808
- Solasti Nezat+ b. 30 Jul 1809, d. 12 Jul 1881
- Yphenie Nezat b. 19 Nov 1811, d. b 1820
- Nanette Zilia Nezat+ b. 16 May 1814
- Adolphe Nezat+ b. 4 May 1817, d. 12 Apr 1876
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, v. 1, p. 382, 'NEZAT, Arthemise.'
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROY, Yphania [perhaps Euphanie] (Joseph & Anne BORDELON - his wife - all inhabitants of this district) b. 9 March 1787, bt. 3 May 1789 Spons: Hipolite BORDELON & Theotiste ROY, her sister. Fr. Joseph de ARAZENA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.91).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, NEZAT, Alexandre - single; of Atacapas Post (dec. Pierre & Magdaleine PROVOT) m. 26 Sept. 1803 Yphanie ROY - single, of this parish (Joseph & Anne BORDELON) Wits: Joseph ROY, Valere ROY, Charlotte BARON, Joseph ROY, Joseph LATIOLAIS. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.126).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROY, Fagni - spouse of Alexandre NEZAT died 18 Aug. 1819 at age about 32 years at her husband's home on Baieu [Bayou] Teche or at Preerie [Prairie] Fusilier, bur. 19 Aug. 1819 in the parish cemetery. Fr. Flavius Henri ROSSI (Opel. Ch.: v.1, p.179).
- [S87] SWLR - St. Martin Parish Courthouse, NEZAT, Alexandre m. Fanny ROY Succ. dated 17 Jan. 1821 (SM Ct.Hse.: Succ.#388).