Thomas Reed Minchew1
M, #1479, b. 20 November 1895, d. 25 January 1973
Thomas Reed Minchew was born on 20 November 1895 at Emory, Rains County, Texas.1,2,3,4,5 He was the son of James Thomas Minchew and Deloris Tunnell.1 He appeared as a son on the census of 11 June 1900 in the household of James Thomas Minchew and Deloris Minchew at Pct 2, Angelina County, Texas.6 He married Ada Belle Peery, daughter of William Stowe Peery and Sarah Elizabeth Freeman, on 20 December 1914 at Texas. He and his wife Ada Belle Minchew appeared on the census of 29 January 1920 at Pct 2, Orange County, Texas.7 He was employed as a lumber stacker in a saw mill on 29 January 1920 at Pct 2, Orange County, Texas.7 As of 14 December 1929, Thomas Reed Minchew and Ada Belle Peery lived at 1802 Tenth Street, Orange, Orange County, Texas.8 He and his wife Ada Belle Minchew appeared on the census of 28 April 1930 at Pct 2, Orange County, Texas.9 He was employed as a farmer on 28 April 1930 at Pct 2, Orange County, Texas.9 His Social Security Number was 458-09-7490 issued before 1951 at Texas.4 He died from a ruptured pancreas at 8:20 am on 25 January 1973 at Orange Memorial Hospital, 608 Strickland Drive, Orange, Orange County, Texas, at age 77 years, 2 months and 5 days.2,1,10,4 He was buried on 27 January 1973 at Orange Forest Lawn Memorial Park, 2312 Irving Street, West Orange, Orange County, Texas.1,2,11
Children of Thomas Reed Minchew and Ada Belle Peery
- [S1293] Texas, Death Certificates, 1903-1982, online search.ancestry.com, Name Thomas Reed Minchew
Father James Minchew
Mother Dolar Tunnel
Birth 20 Nov 1895 - Rains, Texas
Death 25 Jan 1973 - Orange, Orange, Texas - Age: 77
Residence Orange, Orange, Texas.
- [S224] Thomas Reed Minchew, Cemetery Marker, Orange Forest Lawn Memorial Park, 2312 Irving Street, West Orange, Orange County, Texas.
- [S605] "Thomas Reed Minchew's World War 1 Draft Registration" (15 Jun 1917).
- [S20] Death Records, SSDI Search Results.
- [S34] S/E Texas Gedcom Project, online http://rootslady.com/misc/…
- [S606] 11 Jun 1900, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T623_1607, P5B.
- [S607] 29 Jan 1920, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T625_1837, Image 486, P11A & 11B.
- [S369] Family Search, online www.familysearch.org, Viewed on 04 Dec 2011
Name: Thurl Edward Menchew
Event Date: 14 Dec 1929
Event Place: Orange, Orange, Texas
Father: Thomas R Menchew
Mother: Ada Bell Peery
Certificate Number: 111427
Digital Folder Number: 4687135
Image Number: 02303.
- [S604] 28 Apr 1930, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: 2380, Image 1155.0, P25A.
- [S28] Texas Deaths 1964-1998, online www.ancestry.com.
- [S228] Judy Allen, Orange Forest Lawn Cemetery, Orange County, Texas.
- [S1157] Texas Death Index, 1964-1998, online http://www.familysearch.org, Eunice Louise Minchew, "Texas, Deaths (New Index, New Images), 1890-1976"
Name: Eunice Louise Minchew
Event Type: Death
Event Date: 19 Oct 1919
Event Place: , Orange, Texas, United States
Marital Status: Single
Birth Date: 03 Oct 1917
Birthplace: Hartsburg, Texas
Father's Name: Thos R Minchew
Mother's Name: A B Peery
Certificate Number: 30427
GS Film number: 2073674
Digital Folder Number: 005145742
Image Number: 02624.