James Howard Lowe
M, #1435, b. 29 November 1923, d. 4 September 1970
James Howard Lowe was born on 29 November 1923 at Benton, Bossier Parish, Louisiana.1 He was the son of James Albert Lowe and Julia Beatrice Crouch.2 He appeared as a grandson on the census of 9 April 1930 in the household of James J. Crouch and Georgia Ann Crouch at Ward 3, Bossier Parish, Louisiana.3 He appeared as a step-son on the census of 8 April 1940 in the household of Edward Zelnar Herman and Julia Beatrice Herman at 1360 Carroll Street, Beaumont, Jefferson County, Texas.4 He began military service on 12 May 1942 at Recruiting Station, Houston, Harris County, Texas.5 He ended military service on 25 June 1945 at Separation Center, Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas.6 His Social Security Number was 452-26-1487 issued before 1951 at Texas.1 He married Lou Alice Peery, daughter of Vernon Erastus Peery and Josephine Olympe Nezat, on 1 June 1951 at Orange County, Texas.2 He died of pancreatic cancer at 12:35 pm on 4 September 1970 at VA Hospital, Waco, McLennan County, Texas, at age 46 years, 9 months and 6 days.7,1,8 He was buried at Orange Forest Lawn Memorial Park, 2312 Irving Street, West Orange, Orange County, Texas.9 The obituary for Michael Anthony Lowe on 31 January 2003 stated that he was preceded in death by his father, James Howard Lowe.10,11
Children of James Howard Lowe and Lou Alice Peery
- [S20] Death Records, SSDI Search Results.
- [S32] Interview, Lou Alice Peery Lowe, (12 Oct 2002).
- [S1332] 1930 United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah.
- [S1318] 1940 United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah.
- [S24] "Lowe, James Howard - Honorable Discharge" (unknown date).
- [S24] "Lowe, James Howard - Honorable Discharge" (unknown date), James was a Military Policeman who served in Tunisia, Algeria, French Morocco and Sicily, Naples-Foggia, Italy. He received E A M E Campaign Medal with 4 Bronze Battle Stars. He also received a Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster.
- [S742] James Howard Lowe, Texas Department of Health-Death Certificate.
- [S23] Obituary, James H. Lowe, Sep 1970.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial # 46109159.
- [S1054] Michael Anthony Lowe, Cemetery Marker, Orange Forest Lawn Memorial Park, 2312 Irving Street, West Orange, Orange County, Texas.
- [S43] Funeral Card - Michael Anthony Lowe, 31 Jan 2003.
- [S314] Texas, Birth Index, 1903-1997, online search.ancestry.com, Name: Howard Wayne Lowe
Date of Birth: 15 Mar 1956
Birth County: Orange
Father's name: James Howard Lowe
Mother's name: Lou Alice Perry
Roll number: 1956_0010.