Captain George Lamberton1
M, #11211, b. 1604, d. Winter 1645/46
- 10th great-grandfather of Joseph Wayne Peery
George Lamberton was born in 1604 at St. Marys Whitechapel, London, England.2,3,1 He was the son of Christopher Lamberton and Mary Margaret Denis.1 He married Margaret Lewen, daughter of Henry Lewen and Tancke Sage, on 6 January 1629 at St. Mary's White Chapel, London, England.1,3 Circa 1630,George Lamberton moved his family to Colony of New Haven, Connecticut, where he was one of the original founders of the colony.1 He was buried at sea in the North Atlantic Ocean in the winter of 1645/46.1 "Capt George Lamberton was lost at sea aboard the ship "Fellowship", immortalized by Longfellow in his poem "Phantom Ship". In the winter of 1645/6 the Fellowship was chartered by "The Company of Merchants of New Haven" with Captain George Lamberton in command. The ship carried peas, wheat, hides from West India, plate and beaver pelts. Seventy persons were onboard. The loading of the ship was delayed so that it was not ready to sail until winter. In order to get to sea they had to chop through ice for three miles. The ship was never heard from again."1
Children of Captain George Lamberton and Margaret Lewen
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 60363671 - George Lamberton.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 34334787 - Capt George Lamberton.
- [S11] Family Data Collection, online www.ancestry.com, Family Data Collection - Individual Records about Mercy Lamberton
Name: Mercy Lamberton
Spouse: Shubeat Painter
Parents: George Lamberton, Margaret Lewen
Birth Place: New Haven, New Haven, CT
Birth Date: 17 Jan 1641
Death Place: New Haven, CT
Death Date: 1677.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 72706962 - Mercy Lamberton Painter.