Andrew Norman Hopkins1
M, #9705, b. 14 November 1808, d. 9 July 1863
- 2nd great-granduncle of Joseph Wayne Peery
Andrew Norman Hopkins was born on 14 November 1808 at Tennessee.2,1 He was the son of John Hopkins and Rebecca Phillips.1 He married Jane McChristian on 26 March 1829.1 He and his wife Jane Hopkins appeared on the census of 24 September 1850 at Austin, Travis County, Texas.3 He was employed as a mechanic on 24 September 1850 at Austin, Travis County, Texas.3 He became a widower upon the death of his wife, Jane Hopkins, on 1 January 1854 at Austin, Travis County, Texas.1 He married Cornelia Amelia Brownrigg, daughter of Dr. George Bloomfield Brownrigg and Theresa Thomas, on 6 November 1854 at Georgetown, Williamson County, Texas.4,1,2 He and his wife C. A. Hopkins appeared on the census of 10 August 1860 at Austin, Travis County, Texas.5 He was employed as a carpenter on 10 August 1860 at Austin, Travis County, Texas.5 He died on 9 July 1863 at Austin, Travis County, Texas, at age 54 years, 7 months and 25 days.2,1 He was buried at Oakwood Cemetery, 1601 Navasota, Austin, Travis County, Texas.6
Children of Andrew Norman Hopkins and Jane McChristian
- boy Hopkins1 b. 22 Oct 1829, d. 28 Oct 1829
- girl Hopkins1 b. 22 Oct 1829, d. 10 Nov 1829
- boy Hopkins1 b. 30 Jul 1830, d. 30 Jul 1830
- Constantine Alexander Hopkins+1 b. 31 Jul 1831, d. 9 Jul 1863
- Jurian Munro Hopkins1 b. 26 Mar 1834, d. 1863
- Preston Lafayette Hopkins+1 b. 7 Apr 1836, d. 18 Mar 1908
- Desmond Pulaski Hopkins+7,1 b. 21 May 1838, d. 5 May 1920
- girl Hopkins1 b. 23 Feb 1842, d. 23 Feb 1842
- Albina Hopkins+1 b. 6 Feb 1846, d. 24 Jan 1921
Children of Andrew Norman Hopkins and Cornelia Amelia Brownrigg
- [S1062] Hopkins Family Bible, online www.ancestry.com.
- [S1064] Samuel Henry Family of East Tennessee, online http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin
- [S1066] 24 Sep 1850, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: M432_915, Image 298, P157B.
- [S315] Texas Marriage Collection, 1814-1909 & 1966-2011, online http://search.ancestry.com, Name: A. N. Hopkins
Marriage Date: 5 Nov 1854
Marriage Place: Williamson, Texas, USA
Spouse: Cornelia A. McGaffey
Source: Texas Marriages, 1814-1909.
- [S1068] 10 Augl 1860, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: M653_1306, P291.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com : accessed 14 February 2021), memorial page for Andrew Norman Hopkins (14 Nov 1808–9 Jul 1863), Find a Grave Memorial no. 67179935, citing Oakwood Cemetery, Austin, Travis County, Texas, USA ; Maintained by Geno-seeker (contributor 46980386) .
- [S1157] Texas Death Index, 1964-1998, online http://www.familysearch.org, D.P Hopkins, "Texas, Deaths (New Index, New Images), 1890-1976"
Name: D.P Hopkins
Event Type: Death
Event Date: 05 May 1920
Event Place: San Marcos, Hays, Texas, United States
Marital Status: Married
Birth Date: 21 May 1838
Birthplace: , Tennessee
Father's Name: A N Hopkins
Certificate Number: 17127
GS Film number: 2073788
Digital Folder Number: 005145878
Image Number: 00726
Citing this Record
"Texas, Deaths (New Index, New Images), 1890-1976," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K3DY-5VJ : accessed 02 Jun 2013), D.P Hopkins, 1920.