F, #9153, b. 2 March 1883, d. 9 April 1920
Alice Childers was born on 2 March 1883 at Texas.2,1 She was the daughter of Robert Childers and Gilbertine S. Hart.3,1 She appeared as a daughter on the census of 8 June 1900 in the household of Robert Childers and Melvina Childers at Pct 1, Jasper County, Texas.1 She married Thomas B. Prewitt on 14 February 1904 at Jasper County, Texas.4,3 She appeared on the tax book underwent surgery for cancer of the rectum on 8 April 1920 at Hotel Dieu, Beaumont, Jefferson County, Texas.3 She died from the shock of surgery at 11:30 am on 9 April 1920 at Hotel Dieu, Beaumont, Jefferson County, Texas, at age 37 years, 1 month and 7 days.3,2 She was buried on 10 April 1920 at Hancock Cemetery, end of CR 093, Jasper County, Texas.2,3,5
Family: Alice Childers and Thomas Bruce Prewitt
- [S871] 08 Jun 1900, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T623_1648, P4A.
- [S940] Thomas B. and Alice and Lou Ella Prewitt, Cemetery Marker, Hancock Cemetery, end of CR 093, Jasper County, Texas.
- [S909] Alice Prewitt, Texas Department of Health-Death Certificate.
- [S957] Vivian Cogbid, Jim Folsom, Versie Truett, One Hundred Years of Jasper County Marriages 1849-1949, p. 41.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 71577750 - Alice Prewitt.