M, #850, b. 31 October 1855, d. 11 October 1946
Godet was born on 31 October 1855 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.1 He was the son of Desire Godet and Coraide Godefroy Hollier.2 Charles Godet was also known as Gaudet.3 He married Sophia Devillier, daughter of Francois Coulon Devillier Jr. and Juliana Roy, on 12 August 1876 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.4 He became a widower upon the death of his wife, Marie Sophie Eve Devillier, circa 1911 at Grand Coteau, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana. He died on 11 October 1946 at Rayne, Acadia Parish, Louisiana, at age 90 years, 11 months and 11 days.1 He was buried at St. Landry Catholic Cemetery, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.1
Children of Charles Godet and Marie Sophie Eve Devillier
- Coralie Godet+ b. 8 Jul 1877, d. c 1952
- Francois Desire Godet b. 4 Oct 1879, d. c 1943
- Joseph Stanislas Godet b. 7 Feb 1882, d. 28 Sep 1972
- Julie Godet b. 1 Jul 1884, d. 15 Jun 1902
- Odile Godet+ b. 22 Mar 1887, d. 1 Apr 1914
- Francois Godet b. 27 May 1890, d. c 1956
- Marie Odelie Godet b. 21 Mar 1893
- Alida Godet+5 b. 5 Apr 1896, d. 14 Jan 1974
- Marie Blanche Godet
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial # 34161041 - Charles Godet.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com.
- [S749] Odile Gaudet Nezat, Texas Department of Health-Death Certificate.
- [S14] Louisiana, Compiled Marriage Index, 1718-1925, online search.ancestry.com, Name: Sophie Devilliers
Spouse: Charles Godet
Marriage Date: 12 Aug 1876
Marriage Pace: St. Landry.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial # 34161041.