M, #7491, b. circa 1862, d. May 1891
- 1st cousin 3 times removed of Joseph Wayne Peery
Jefferson Varner was born circa 1862 at Texas.1 Jefferson Varner also went by the name of Jeff.2 He was the son of Claiborne Varner and Susannah Jane Sheek.1 He appeared as a son on the census of 28 August 1870 in the household of Claiborne Varner and Susannah Jane Sheek at West of the Brazos River, Waco, McLennan County, Texas.1 He appeared as a son on the census of 23 June 1880 in the household of Sarah J. Varner at Weatherford, Parker County, Texas.2 He married Kate Green, daughter of A. L. Green and Exra Lee (?), circa 1885.3 He was killed by J. M. McLeod while he was working as a wagon boss with the Matador Land and Cattle Company in May 1891 at Motley County, Texas.4 It is not known where Jefferson Varner was buried.4
- [S428] 28 Aug 1870, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: M593_1598, P. 147.
- [S1320] 1880 United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 12665103 - Kate Green Watson.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 66176826 - Jefferson "Jeff" Varner.
- [S1293] Texas, U.S., Death Certificates, 1903-1982, online search.ancestry.com, Name: Samuel Raines Varner
Birth Date: 7 May 1886
Birth Place: Texas
Race: Caucasian (White)
Residence: Rural, Travis, Texas
Father: Jeff Varner
Mother: Kate Green
Age at Death: 89
Death Date: 27 Jul 1975
Death Place: Precinct 3, Travis, Texas, USA.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 46925463 - Samuel Raines Varner.