F, #6916, b. circa 1750
Marie Therese Berthelot was born circa 1750 at Alabama.1 She married Francois Stelly circa 1770.1 She was the godmother of Emerante Louise Morin baptized on 4 October 1795 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.3 She witnessed the baptism of Francois Castille in October 1804 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.4 She witnessed the marriage contract of Louis Joseph Francois Robin and Emelite Stelly on 17 September 1807 at St. Landry Parish Courthouse, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.1,2 She was the godmother of Elenore Emelie Stelly baptized on 14 September 1817 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.5
Children of Marie Therese Berthelot and Francois Stelly
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROBIN, Evariste (Francois & Emilite SCHETELY - from this parish) b. 14 Oct. 1816, bt. 10 Dec. 1816 Pats: Francois ROBIN, Doctor in one and the other, Law and Medicine - native from Bourg St. Andeol in Vivarais in France & Marie Anne Tisserau DE MONCHERVAU - native of "des Arcs dans cette Colonie" [from Arkansas in this Colony]; Mats: Francois SCHETELI - native from St. Jean Baptiste on the Mississippi & Therese BERTHELOT - from the River of the Alibamons; Spons: Andre ROBIN & Josephine ROBIN, wife of Michel SCHETELI. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.91).
- [S100] SWLR - St. Landry Parish Courthouse, ROBIN, Joseph Francois (Francois & Marianne DE MONCHARVAUX) m. contract dated: 17 Sept. 1807 Emilie STELLY (dec. Francois & Marie Therese BERTHELOT) Wits: Augustin GRADENIGO, Jean Louis ROBIN, Jean Baptiste CASTILLE, Marie Therese BERTHELOT - wid. of dec. Francois ROBIN pere; George KING, Parish Judge (Opel. Ct.Hse.: Conveyances: v.A-1, #205).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MORIN, Emerante Lucie - [margin reads Emerante Louise instead] (Jean Baptiste MORAN & Marie Magdelaine MAX [MARKS]) bt. Sunday, 4 Oct. 1795 Spons: Andre MAYER, "el hijo" [Jr.] & Marie Therese BERTLOTE [BERTHELOT]. Fr. Pedro de ZAMORA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.138).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, CASTILLE, Francois (dec. Manuel - native of Atakapas & Felicite SCHETELI [STELLY] - of this parish) b. Aug. 1804, bt. Oct. or Nov. 1804 by Rev. Louis BUHOT. Pats: Joseph CASTILLE, native of Port Mahon [See Gregory WOODS "A Guide to the Acadians in Maryland," p.104-105, Gateway Press, 1995. The author lists the Castille family in Upper Marlboro in the Maryland 1763 Census] & Osite LANDRY - from Acadia; Mats: Francois SCHETELI [STELLY] from the [Mississippi] River & Marie Therese BARTELOT [BERTHELOT] "des Alibamons" [the Alibamas]; Spons: Francois SCHETELY [STELLY] & Therese BERTELOT, his wife - maternal grandparents of the child; Witnesses signing: Jean Baptiste CASTILLO, child's paternal uncle & Francois ROBIN fils [Jr.], Captain of the militia and child's maternal uncle. The said child was brought to church during October or November 1804. Mr. Louis BUHOT, then pastor of this parish, solemnly baptized the child. This act was recorded on 21 June 1815 by Rev. Michel Bernard BARRIERE, priest serving this parish of St. Landry "ex officio." Rev. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.1-B, p.348).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, STELLY, Eleonore (Michel Baptiste STELIE & Josephine ROBIN) b. 24 June 1817, bt. 14 Sept. 1817 Pats: Jean Baptiste STELIE & Magdelaine RHITER; Mats: Francois ROBIN & Marianne MONCHEVAU; Spons: Joseph Jean Baptiste STELIE & Marie Therese BERTELOT. Fr. Flavius Henri ROSSI (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.112).
- [S100] SWLR - St. Landry Parish Courthouse, ROBIN, Jean Louis dit Moncharvaux - "du nom de sa mere" [from his mother's name]; native of Opelousas County (Francois - "docteur en Droit et en Medecine" [Doctor of Law and Medicine] & Marianne DE MONCHARVAUX) m. contract dated: 17 Sept. 1807 Emerante STELLY (dec. Francois & Marie Therese BERTHELOT - the widow of Francois STELLY) Wits: Jean Baptiste CASTILLE, Augustin GRADENIGO; George KING, Parish Judge (Opel. Ct.Hse.: Conveyances: v.A-1, #207).