M, #6915, b. circa 1750, d. 17 September 1807
Francois Stelly was born circa 1750 at St. John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana.1 He married Marie Therese Berthelot circa 1770.1 He witnessed the baptism of Francois Castille in October 1804 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.2 He witnessed the marriage of Michel Baptiste Stelly and Francoise Josephine Robin on 30 July 1805 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.3 He died on 17 September 1807.4
Children of Francois Stelly and Marie Therese Berthelot
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROBIN, Evariste (Francois & Emilite SCHETELY - from this parish) b. 14 Oct. 1816, bt. 10 Dec. 1816 Pats: Francois ROBIN, Doctor in one and the other, Law and Medicine - native from Bourg St. Andeol in Vivarais in France & Marie Anne Tisserau DE MONCHERVAU - native of "des Arcs dans cette Colonie" [from Arkansas in this Colony]; Mats: Francois SCHETELI - native from St. Jean Baptiste on the Mississippi & Therese BERTHELOT - from the River of the Alibamons; Spons: Andre ROBIN & Josephine ROBIN, wife of Michel SCHETELI. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.91).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, CASTILLE, Francois (dec. Manuel - native of Atakapas & Felicite SCHETELI [STELLY] - of this parish) b. Aug. 1804, bt. Oct. or Nov. 1804 by Rev. Louis BUHOT. Pats: Joseph CASTILLE, native of Port Mahon [See Gregory WOODS "A Guide to the Acadians in Maryland," p.104-105, Gateway Press, 1995. The author lists the Castille family in Upper Marlboro in the Maryland 1763 Census] & Osite LANDRY - from Acadia; Mats: Francois SCHETELI [STELLY] from the [Mississippi] River & Marie Therese BARTELOT [BERTHELOT] "des Alibamons" [the Alibamas]; Spons: Francois SCHETELY [STELLY] & Therese BERTELOT, his wife - maternal grandparents of the child; Witnesses signing: Jean Baptiste CASTILLO, child's paternal uncle & Francois ROBIN fils [Jr.], Captain of the militia and child's maternal uncle. The said child was brought to church during October or November 1804. Mr. Louis BUHOT, then pastor of this parish, solemnly baptized the child. This act was recorded on 21 June 1815 by Rev. Michel Bernard BARRIERE, priest serving this parish of St. Landry "ex officio." Rev. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.1-B, p.348).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROBIN, Francoise Josephine - also of this parish (Francois & dec. Marie Anne de Vienne de MONCHARVAUX) m. 30 July 1805 Michel STELLY - of this parish (Jean Baptiste & Madeleine REYTER) Wits: F. ROBIN fils, Francois STELLY fils, Augustin GRADENIGO. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.143).
- [S100] SWLR - St. Landry Parish Courthouse, ROBIN, Joseph Francois (Francois & Marianne DE MONCHARVAUX) m. contract dated: 17 Sept. 1807 Emilie STELLY (dec. Francois & Marie Therese BERTHELOT) Wits: Augustin GRADENIGO, Jean Louis ROBIN, Jean Baptiste CASTILLE, Marie Therese BERTHELOT - wid. of dec. Francois ROBIN pere; George KING, Parish Judge (Opel. Ct.Hse.: Conveyances: v.A-1, #205).
- [S100] SWLR - St. Landry Parish Courthouse, ROBIN, Jean Louis dit Moncharvaux - "du nom de sa mere" [from his mother's name]; native of Opelousas County (Francois - "docteur en Droit et en Medecine" [Doctor of Law and Medicine] & Marianne DE MONCHARVAUX) m. contract dated: 17 Sept. 1807 Emerante STELLY (dec. Francois & Marie Therese BERTHELOT - the widow of Francois STELLY) Wits: Jean Baptiste CASTILLE, Augustin GRADENIGO; George KING, Parish Judge (Opel. Ct.Hse.: Conveyances: v.A-1, #207).