Joseph Richard Sr.1
M, #5983, b. 1744
- 3rd cousin 7 times removed of Joseph Wayne Peery
Joseph Richard Sr. was born in 1744 at Acadie.1 He was the son of Claude Richard and Rosalie Thibodeaux.1 He was the godfather of Anne Dugas baptized on 21 January 1785 at St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.2 He married Marie Magdeleine Castille, daughter of Joseph Castille and Ozite Landry, on 8 February 1794 at St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.3,4
- [S370] E-mail, Yvonne Neese Stewart, (28 Jul 2005).
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, DUGAS, Anne (Pierre & Anne THIBAUDO) bt. 21 Jan. 1785 at age 2 1/2 yrs. Spons: Joseph RICHARD & Marie BORDA, daughter of Mr. BORDA. Fr. GEFFROTIN (SM Ch.: v.3, #30).
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, RICHARD, Delphine (Joseph - "del cabo frances" [perhaps at this time referring to the St. Domingue French refugees who entered Cuba See also: "The Road to Louisiana" by Brasseux and Conrad - p.viii; Gabriel Debien, dean of the French Antilles, historian, investigates the temporary relocation of the St-Domingue refugees in Cuba (1783-1815)] & Marie Magdeleine CASTILLE - of Iberville Parish on the Mississippi) b. 6 Feb. 1800, bt. 29 June 1800 Pats: Claude RICHARD & Rosalie THIBAUDAU - of Acadia; Mats: Joseph CASTILLE - of Ponte Mahon in Spain & Ozite LANDRY - of Acadia; Spons: Godefroy BOUTTE & Adelaide BABIN. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (SM Ch.: v.5, #278).
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, CASTILLE, Magdeleine m. 8 Feb. 1794 Joseph RICHARD Wits: Joseph CASTILLE, Jean Baptiste CASTILLE, Etienne VIEL - pretre, E. FORSTALL. Fr. George MURPHY (SM Ch.: v.4, #94).