Julienne Annette Bordelon
F, #582, b. 2 May 1761, d. August 1832
- 4th great-grandmother of Joseph Wayne Peery
Julienne Annette Bordelon was born on 2 May 1761 at New Roads, Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana. She was the daughter of Nicolas Bordelon and Adrienne Rondeau. Julienne Annette Bordelon also went by the name of Anne. She married Joseph Roy, son of Joseph Roy dit Chatellereau and Perinne LaCour, on 11 May 1770 at Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana.1 She became the godmother at Zenon Carriere's christening on 30 July 1816 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.2 She became a widow upon the death of her husband, Joseph Roy, on 7 January 1817 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.3 She was the grandmother of Emilie Roy baptized on 28 January 1818 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.4 She witnessed the marriage of Jean Baptiste Wiltz dit Suisse and Irene Bordelon on 7 July 1818 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.5 She appeared on the census of 1830 at Bayou Teche, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.6 She died in August 1832 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, at age 71 years and 2 months.7
Children of Julienne Annette Bordelon and Joseph Roy
- Joseph Roy Jr.+ b. 23 May 1771, d. b Dec 1824
- Theotiste Roy+ b. 24 Jul 1773
- Solastie Lenville Roy Sr.+ b. c 1775, d. 11 Mar 1836
- Jean Baptiste Roy b. 5 Nov 1775
- Julie Lufroi Roy+ b. 26 Mar 1778
- Ludivine Roy+ b. 11 Jun 1780, d. b 21 Dec 1841
- Valerien Roy+8 b. 22 Sep 1780, d. b Apr 1836
- Celeste Roy9 b. 26 Mar 1786, d. 3 Nov 1804
- Josephine Euphamie Roy+10 b. 9 Mar 1787, d. 18 Aug 1819
- [S14] Louisiana, Compiled Marriage Index, 1718-1925, online search.ancestry.com, Louisiana, Marriages, 1718-1925 about Joseph Roy
Name: Joseph Roy
Spouse: Anne Bordelon
Marriage Date: 11 May 1770
Marriage Pace: Avoyelles.
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, CARRIERE, Zenon (Joseph & Marie Anne BORDELON - from here) b. 2 March 1815, bt. 30 July 1816 Pats: Pierre CARRIERE - of St. Charles on the Mississippi & Marie Louise VIVARENE - from Illinois; Mats: Michel BORDELON - of Pointe Coupee & Marie WAIBLE - from Frederictown, Maryland; Spons: Ursin CARRIERE, represented by Michel NICE & Anne BORDELON. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.82).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROY, Joseph - native of Pointe Coupee and inhabitant of this parish of St. Landry for about 40 years; married to Anne BORDELON, bur. 7 Jan. 1817 at age 72 years in the parish cemetery. He died at his home at a place called "Le vieux vilage" [the Old Town] and received all the sacraments with sentiments of a very strong faith and great piety. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.1, p.157).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROY, Emilie (Vallery & Brigitte NEZAT) b. 8 Nov. 1817, bt. 28 Jan. 1818 Pats: dec. Joseph ROY & Annette BORDELON; Mats: Pierre NEZAT & Magdelaine PREVAUT [PREVOST]; Spons: Lufroi ROY & Delphine ROY; Signed: Valeri ROY. Fr. Flavius Henri ROSSI (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.121).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, WILTZ, Jean Baptiste dit Suisse - inhabitant of this parish at Baillou au Boeufs; native of this parish (major son of Jacob VILST dit Jaque Suisse [James SWISS] - former soldier of the Louisiana Regiment under the French Government of his Majesty Louis XV & Marie Therese ---- inhabitants of this parish) m. 7 July 1818 Irene BORDELON - native of this parish; widow of Jean Baptiste RETHER [RITTER] (major daughter of Michel & Marie WAIBLE [WYBLE] - inhabitants of this parish) Wits: Villeneuve BORDELON, Anne BORDELON, Michel WAIBLE - uncle, Marie Anne BORDELON, Joseph CARRIERE, Joseph WAIBLE [WYBLE], Rene FONTAINNE, L. HENRY, Mr. NICE, Rev. Flavius Henri ROSSI. In the absence of Rev. Flavius Henry ROSSI, Priest serving this parish of St. Landry des Opeloussas & with his express consent Fr. BARRIERE married them. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE, priest approved for the entire diocese of Louisiana. (Opel. Ch.: v.1-B, p.323).
- [S279] 1830, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: 44, Page 41.
- [S100] SWLR - St. Landry Parish Courthouse, ROY, Joseph Sr. m. Nanette BORDELON In Succ. of Nanette BORDELON dated Aug. 1832 (Opel. Ct. Hse.: Succ. # 597).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROY, Valerien (Joseph & Nanette BORDELON) bt. 22 March 1781 at age 6 mths. Spons: Honore BARRE & Adrienne BORDELO. Fr. L.M. GRUMEAU (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.24).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROY, Celeste (Joseph & Anne BORDELON) b. 26 March 1786, bt. 20 Aug. 1786 Spons: Nicolas BORDELON & Celeste BOISDORE. Fr. Joseph de ARAZENA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.59).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, ROY, Yphania [perhaps Euphanie] (Joseph & Anne BORDELON - his wife - all inhabitants of this district) b. 9 March 1787, bt. 3 May 1789 Spons: Hipolite BORDELON & Theotiste ROY, her sister. Fr. Joseph de ARAZENA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.91).