George Clifton Freeman
M, #2380, b. 12 August 1894, d. 16 January 1951
- 1st cousin 1 time removed of Joseph Wayne Peery
George Clifton Freeman was born on 12 August 1894 at Colmesneil, Tyler County, Texas.1 He may have been born on 13 August 1894 at Tyler County, Texas.2,3 He was the son of George Columbus Freeman and Lucinda Ellanor Mann.4 He appeared as a son on the census of 13 June 1900 in the household of George Columbus Freeman and Lucinda E. Freeman at Pct 6, Colmesneil, Tyler County, Texas.5 He registered for military service on 5 June 1917 at Woodville, Tyler County, Texas.1 He was employed as a farmer employed by Marvin Barnes on 5 June 1917 at Chester, Tyler County, Texas.1 As of 5 June 1917, George Clifton Freeman lived in Woodville, Tyler County, Texas.1 He was described as short, slender, with black eyes and black hair on 5 June 1917.1 He was a veteran of the U. S. Army in WWI serving as a Private First Class in 227 Company MPC.6,2 He was employed as 1st sheriff at Port Neches, Jefferson County, Texas. He died on 16 January 1951 at Jefferson County, Texas, at age 56 years, 5 months and 4 days.2,7 He may have died on 16 January 1955 at age 60.3 He was buried at Campground Cemetery, 1730 Hwy 256, Woodville, Tyler County, Texas.2,3
Child of George Clifton Freeman and Cynthia Elizabeth Davis
- Jessie Lee Freeman4
- [S472] "George Clifton Freeman's WW1 Draft Registration" (5 Jun 1917).
- [S721] George C. Freeman, Cemetery Marker, Campground Cemetery, 1730 Hwy 256, Woodville, Tyler County, Texas.
- [S447] Jim W. and Ann Crews Laird, Tyler County Texas Gravestone Inscriptions, p. 66.
- [S34] S/E Texas Gedcom Project, online http://rootslady.com/misc/…
- [S193] 13 Jun 1900, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T623_1674, P3B.
- [S447] Jim W. and Ann Crews Laird, Tyler County Texas Gravestone Inscriptions.
- [S391] Texas Death Index, online www.ancestry.com.