M, #2158, b. 10 April 1736, d. 15 December 1801
- 4th great-grandfather of Joseph Wayne Peery
Pierre Nezat was born on 10 April 1736 at Layrac, Diocese of Condon, Gascogne, France.1 He was the son of Pierre Nezat and Francoise Dupuis.1 He emigrated circa 1755 from France to the island of Hispaniola to what is now known as Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. There he met up with the Roy family who convinced him to go on to Louisiana.1 He married Catherine Bourri on 13 August 1759 at False River, Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana.1 He became a widower upon the death of his wife, Catherine Bourri, on 3 January 1760 at Pointe Coupee, Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana.1 He married Marie Magdelaine Prevost, daughter of Nicolas Joseph Prevost and Marie Francoise Quebodeaux, on 26 August 1765 at New Roads, Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana.1 He was a Veteran of the Spanish-English War 1779-1783 and was listed as a Patriot on the roster of 'La Compagnie de Milice des Attakapas' dated May 1, 1777, pp. 289-90 S.A.R. Spanish records. Spanish-English War 1779-1783.' Compiled by C. Robert Churchill.2,3 He was the godfather of Pierre Michel Ritter baptized on 5 April 1792 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.4 He died on 15 December 1801 at St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana, at age 65 years, 8 months and 5 days.5,6 He was buried on 15 December 1801 at St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.5,7,2,3,1,8 He was the subject of a succession filed on 24 March 1827 at St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.9
Children of Pierre Nezat and Marie Magdelaine Prevost
- Joseph Pierre Nezat1 b. 1 Aug 1766, d. 13 Oct 1810
- Antoine Nezat+1 b. 15 Aug 1768, d. 1823
- Auguste Nezat+1 b. c 1770, d. 27 Mar 1848
- Marie Julie Nezat+1 b. 15 Dec 1772, d. 3 Aug 1834
- Marie Josephe Nezat+1 b. 9 Feb 1776, d. 28 Aug 1829
- Marie Francoise Nezat+1 b. 6 Mar 1778, d. 26 Nov 1843
- Clemence Francoise Nezat+1 b. 1779, d. 21 Oct 1829
- Alexandre Nezat+1 b. 12 Apr 1781, d. 4 Jan 1824
- Brigitte Rita Nezat+1 b. 10 Sep 1782, d. 12 Nov 1862
- [S3] Jack Claude Nezat, The Nezat and Allied Families.
- [S117] Attakapas Militia Marker Monument, St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.
- [S1337] Death Records, Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots, Name: Pierre Nezat
Cemetery: St Martin of Tours Cath Ch Cem
Location: St Martinville LA 74.
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, RITTER, Pierre Michel (Michel & Marie Louise STELLY) bt. Thursday, 5 April 1792 supplied ceremony for baptism which was previously performed at home. Spons: Pierre NESAT & Magdelaine PREVOT. Fr. Pedro de ZAMORA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.104).
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, NEZAT, Pierre - of Leyrac in France, m. to Magdeleine PROVOT bur. 15 Dec. 1801 at age 60 yrs. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (SM Ch.: v.4, #253).
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial # 14710144.
- [S93] Judy Riffel and Larry Gates, St. Martin Parish Cemeteries, p. 8.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial # 14710144 - Pierre Nezat.
- [S87] SWLR - St. Martin Parish Courthouse, NEZAT, Pierre wid. is Magdeleine PROVOT Several documents: Partition dated: 16 Feb. 1805 Succ. dated 9 March 1807 Children listed: Joseph Pierre; Antoine; Auguste; Julie wid. of Nicolas GUENARD; Marie Josephe m. Pierre ARCENAU; Francoise m. Joseph LATIOLAIS; Marie m. Solasty ROY; Brigide m. Valery ROY; Alexandre. Succ. dated 24 March 1827 (SM Ct.Hse.: Succ.#570).