Louis Coulon de Villiers
M, #2136, b. circa 1751, d. 18 May 1818
- 6th great-grandfather of Joseph Wayne Peery
Louis Coulon de Villiers was born circa 1751 at Fort de Chartres, Illinois Territory, French Louisiana.1 Louis Coulon de Villiers also went by the name of Louis Chevalier Coulon de Villiers.2 He was the son of Francois Coulon de Villiers and Elizabeth Groston de Saint-Ange de Bellerive.1 He married Marie Genevieve Fontenot, daughter of Jacque Beniigne Fontenette and Marie Genevieve De Livaudis, circa 1777 at New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana. He witnessed the marriage of Francois Robin and Marie Felicite Picotte Beletre on 15 April 1793 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.2,3 He was the godfather of Sophie Coulon Devillier baptized on 10 January 1802 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.4 He died on 18 May 1818 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.
Children of Louis Coulon de Villiers and Marie Genevieve Fontenot
- [S1363] W. J. Eccles, "COULON DEVILLIERS, FRANCOIS," Dictionary of Canadian Biography, vol. 4, 1979.
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, BELETRE, Marie Felicite - of Illinois (Louis Picote de BELESTRE & Joachine DEVILLIER) m. 15 April 1793 Francois ROBIN - docteur en droit civil et canonique [Doctor of Civil and Canon Law], widr. of Mrs. CLERMONT Wits: Francois BABIN, Louis Chevalier DE VILLIER, DUCLOT, Mr. PERRAULT, Francois HINARD, Francois ROQUIGNEY pere. Fr. Pedro de ZAMORA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.43-A).
- [S19] SWLR - St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church, JOHNSON, Therese - over 17 years old; born at Attakapas (William & Therese RITTER) m. 5 Nov. 1821 Andre ROBIN - born and living at Opeloussas; 26 years old; widower of Celestine NERAULT (Francois & Marie Felicite PICOTTE de Beletre) Wits: Ozeme GUILBEAU, Jean CHAULE, Manuel G. WIKOFF. Fr. Hercule BRASSAC (GC Ch.: v.1, p.15, #39).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, DEVILLIER, Sophie Coulon (Francois Coulon DEVILLIER & Francoise LANGLOIS) b. 23 Dec. 1801, bt. 10 Jan. 1802 Pats: Louis DEVILLIERS & Marie Genevieve FONTENOT; Mats: Antoine LANGLOIS & Francoise CARRIERE; Spons: Louis DEVILLIERS, the paternal grandfather & Sophie LANGLOIS. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.270).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, DEVILLIER, Francois Coulon - of New Orleans (Louis Chevalier DEVILLIER & Genevieve FONTENOT) m. 30 Dec. 1798 Francois LANGLOIS (Antoine & Francoise CARRIERE) Wits: J. LESASSIER, P. CARRIERE, Joseph ROY. Fr. Pedro de ZAMORA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.82).
- [S1364] SWLR - St. Louis Cathedral, DEVILLIER, Maria Genoveve Josefa Coulong (Chevalier Don Luis Coulong of Illinois & Marie Genoveva FONTENETTE of NO) b. 22 July 1788. Paternal grandparents: Luis Coulong DEVILLIERS of Canada, Chevalier of the Royal Order of St. Louis & Dona Joaquin Ysabel ST. ANGE of Illinois. Maternal grandparents: Benigne de FONTENETTE of Burgundy, France & Dona Maria Genoveve Enoul DE LIVAUDAIS. (NO Ch.: v.2, p.193, art. 969).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, DEVILLIER, Charlitte [record also has Carlis] (Chevalier VILLIER & Marie FONTENOT) b. 15 Sept. 1794, bt. Sunday, 17 July 1796 Spons: Louis Pierre TAURIAQUE & Genevieve BOISDORE. Fr. Pedro de ZAMORA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.149).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, DEVILLIER, Auguste Damonville - native of this parish (minor son of Louis Chevalier - native of Illinois & Marie Genevieve FONTENOT - native of New Orleans & inhabitants of this parish) m. 27 Feb. 1816 Marie Azelie PLOE dit Flaman - native of New Orleans & inhabitant of this parish (minor daughter of dec. Corneille & Marguerite DESBORDES - native of this parish and inhabitant of this parish) Wits: Louis Chevalier DEVILLIER, Nemesie BOSSIER - representing the widow PLOE, Joseph ROY, Francois Coulon DEVILLIER, Charles DEVILLIER, Louis RENAUD, Cyprien PLOE, William L. COLLINS, Francois POIRET fils. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.281).