M, #164, b. 1729, d. 1797
Francois Marcantel was born in 1729 at Island of Corsica, France.2 He married (?) Soileau circa 1750.1 He married Marianne Rondeau, daughter of Jean Rondeau and Marie Colon, on 7 May 1754 at New Roads, Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana.3 He became a widower upon the death of his wife, Marianne Rondeau, on 25 December 1761 at Pointe Coupee, Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana.4 He became a widower upon the death of his wife, (?) Soileau, before 20 January 1777 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.5 He married Perinne LaCour, daughter of Nicholas Lacour and Perinne Britte, on 16 June 1779 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.1 He became a widower upon the death of his wife, Perinne Marcantel, on 5 September 1792 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.6,7 He was listed as the husband in the succession of Perrine LaCour in 1792 at St. Landry Parish Courthouse, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.8 He died in 1797 at Louisiana at age 68 years.
Children of Francois Marcantel and Marianne Rondeau
- [S15] Louisiana State Archive Record, online www.ancestry.com, LACOUR, Perine widr. of ROI [ROY] dit CHATELLEREAU m. 16 June 1779 Francois MARCANTEL, wid. of Mrs. SOILEAU (LSAR: Opel.: 1779-60).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARCANTEL, Desiree (Francois - native of Pointe Coupee & Josephine FRUGE - from here) b. 29 March 1814, bt. 17 July 1814 Pats: Francois MARCANTEL - from "lisle de Corse" [the Island of Corsica] & Anne RONDEAU - of Pointe Coupee; Mats: Pierre FRUGE - of Mobile & Suzanne BURNS; Spons: Jean Pierre FRUGE & Hyacinte FRUGE - brother & sister. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.34).
- [S426] U. S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900, online http://search.ancestry.com/, U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 about Francois Marcantel
Name: Francois Marcantel
Spouse Name: Marie Anne Rondeau
Number Pages: 1.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 128297778 - Anne Rondeau Marcantel.
- [S15] Louisiana State Archive Record, online www.ancestry.com, MARCANTEL, Mrs. Succ. dated 20 Jan. 1777. Done at the home of Noel SOILEAU. (LSAR: Opel.: 1777-32).
- [S11] Family Data Collection, online www.ancestry.com, Family Data Collection - Individual Records about Perinne Lacour
Name: Perinne Lacour
Spouse: Perinne Lacour
Parents: Nicolas De La Cour, Perinne Brette
Birth Place: Adams, Natchez, MS
Birth Date: 1727
Death Place: Opelousas, St Landry, Louisiana
Death Date: 5 Sep 1792.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 128699473 - Perrine Lacour Marcantel.
- [S1399] SWLR - LSAR, MARCANTEL, Francois widr. of Perrine LACOUR. Succ. 1792. (LSAR: Opel.: 1792).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, MARCANTEL, Marie - widow of Francois MILANY (Francois & Anne RONDO) m. 28 Aug. 1787 Samuel FLETCHER - single (Thomas & Mary FLETCHER) Wits: Michael DENNIS, Cristobal TIL [Christopher TEEL]. Fr. Joseph de ARAZENA (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.9).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, FRUGE, Josephine - of this parish (Pierre Antoine & Susanne BURNS) m. 12 Oct. 1805 Francois MARCANTEL - living in this district (dec. Francois & Marianne RONDEAU) Wits: Jean FRUGE, Joseph FRUGE, Hippolite MARCANTEL. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.147).