Caswell Alonzo Peery
M, #1617, b. 24 August 1876, d. 19 November 1954
- Granduncle of Joseph Wayne Peery
Caswell Alonzo Peery was born on 24 August 1876 at Van Buren, Crawford County, Arkansas.1 He was the son of John W. Peery and Penelope Ann Hayes.2,3 He may have been born on 26 August 1876 at Arkansas.4,2,3,5 Caswell Alonzo Peery also went by the name of Lon. He appeared on the census of 24 June 1880 in the household of Calvin L. Cox and Paulipa A. Cox at Terre Noire Township, Clark County, Arkansas.3 He was married to Amy Belle Nowlin by the Revd S. E. Mann on 11 March 1900 Tyler County, Texas.6,7,8 He and his wife Ammie B. Peery appeared on the census of 22 June 1900 at Pct 7, Mobile, Tyler County, Texas.8 He was employed as a farm laborer on 22 June 1900 at Pct 7, Mobile, Tyler County, Texas.8 He became a widower upon the death of his wife, Amy Belle Nowlin, on 30 May 1902 at Tyler County, Texas.9,2 He and his wife Jimmie Peery appeared on the census of 26 April 1910 at Pct 2-j, outside of, Troup, Smith County, Texas.10 He was employed as a farmer on 26 April 1910 at Pct 2-j, outside of, Troup, Smith County, Texas.10 He and Judea Elizabeth Pope were related to each other as first cousins.11 He married Judea Elizabeth Pope, daughter of Henry Hampton Pope and Charity Caroline Hayes, on 1 November 1910 at Smith County, Texas.11,10,4 He registered for military service on 12 September 1917 at Troup, Smith County, Texas.12 He and his wife Judy E. Peery appeared on the census of 12 January 1920 at Pct 5, Cherokee County, Texas.13 He was employed as a cotton farmer on 12 January 1920 at Pct 5, Cherokee County, Texas.13 He was listed in the obituary as a brother of William Stowe Peery.14 He died of circulatory failure due to coronary insufficiency on 19 November 1954 at Troup, Smith County, Texas, at age 78 years, 2 months and 26 days.1,14,15,16,5,4 He was buried on 21 November 1954 at Rucker Cemetery, 22227 CR 2146, Troup, Smith County, Texas.1,4,15,17
Family: Caswell Alonzo Peery and Amy Belle Nowlin
Children of Caswell Alonzo Peery and Judea Elizabeth Pope
- [S751] Caswell Alonzo Peery, Texas Department of Health-Death Certificate.
- [S25] Mann/Wellhausen Family, online www.ancestry.com.
- [S6] 24 Jun 1880, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T9_40, P425D.
- [S490] Caswell Alonzo Peery and Judea Elizabeth Pope, Cemetery Marker, Rucker Cemetery, 22227 CR 2146, Troup, Smith County, Texas.
- [S455] Carol Gallegos, "E-Mail Message from Carol Gallegos to James H. Hayes," e-mail to James Hayes, 26 Sep 2007.
- [S446] Peery-Nowlin Marriage Certificate.
- [S948] Jim & Ann Crews Laird, Tyler County Marriage Records, Bride Index P105.
- [S137] 22 Jun 1900, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T623_1674, P10B.
- [S712] Bell Nowlin, Cemetery Marker, Pilgrim Rest Cemetery, CR 2575 off Hwy 256, Chester, Tyler County, Texas.
- [S136] 26 Apr 1910, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T624_1589, P209A.
- [S1421] Texas, Select County Marriage Index, 1837-2015, online http://search.ancestry.com, Name: C A Peery
License Date: 29 Oct 1909
License Place: Smith, Texas, USA
Marriage Date: 1 Nov 1909
Marriage Place: Smith, Texas, USA
Spouse: Elizabeth Pope.
- [S69] "Caswell A. Peery's WW1 Draft Registration" (12 Sep 1917).
- [S206] 12 Jan 1920, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T625_1787, P8A.
- [S26] The Orange Leader, Obituary, William S. Peery, (15 Jan 1945).
- [S221] East Texas Genealogy Society, Cemetery Records of Smith County Texas.
- [S391] Texas Death Index, online www.ancestry.com.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 11176622 - Caswell Alonzo Peery.
- [S1293] Texas, Death Certificates, 1903-1982, online search.ancestry.com, Name: Foy Alonzo Peery
Birth Date: 10 May 1914
Birth Place: Texas
Residence: Tyler, Smith, Texas
Spouse: Reba Robins
Father: Caswell A Peery
Mother: Judea Elizabeth Pope
Age at Death: 66
Death Date: 25 Mar 1981
Death Place: Jacksonville, Cherokee, Texas, USA.