F, #9843, b. 1835, d. 1861
Celia Lewis was born in 1835 at Greene County, Georgia.2,3 She was the daughter of Freeman Lewis and Apenith (?)3,4 She married John R. K. Brooks, son of (?) Brooks and (?) (?), on 6 April 1858 at Rusk County, Texas.4,3 She appeared on the census of 7 August 1860 in the household of Freeman Lewis and Apenith Lewis with her husband, J. R. K. Brooks at Beat 6, Minden, Rusk County, Texas.3 She died in 1861 at Rusk County, Texas, at age 26 years.2,5 It is not known where Celia Lewis was buried.2
- [S1120] Texas Marriages, 1837-1973, online https://www.familysearch.org
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 69148067 - Celia Lewis Brooks.
- [S1117] 07 Aug 1860, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: M653_1304, Image: 150, FHL Film: 805304, P263.
- [S1120] Texas Marriages, 1837-1973, online https://www.familysearch.org, Groom's Name: John R. K. Brooks
Groom's Birth Date:
Bride's Name: Celia Lewis
Bride's Birth Date:
Marriage Date: 06 Apr 1858
Marriage Place: Rusk County, Texas
Groom's Father's Name:
Groom's Mother's Name:
Bride's Father's Name:
Bride's Mother's Name:
Groom's Marital Status:
Groom's Previous Wife's Name:
Bride's Marital Status:
Bride's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M75268-2
System Origin: Texas-EASy
Source Film Number: 1020943
Reference Number: P 58.
- [S1118] 26 Aug 1870, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: M593_1603, Image: 294, FHL Film: 553102, P437B.