Milus J. Thomas1
M, #6420, b. 15 February 1863, d. 24 January 1888
- 2nd cousin 2 times removed of Joseph Wayne Peery
Milus J. Thomas was born on 15 February 1863 at Obion County, Tennessee.2,3,1 He was the son of James Henry Thomas and Martha Ann Peery.1 He appeared as a son on the census of 19 June 1870 in the household of Henry Thomas and Martha Ann Thomas at District 1, Obion County, Tennessee.3 He appeared as a son on the census of 1 June 1880 in the household of James H. Thomas at Jacksonville, Obion County, Tennessee.4 He died on 24 January 1888 at age 24 years, 11 months and 9 days.2 He was buried at Bethlehem Cemetery, Obion County, Tennessee.2
- [S73] Rootsweb, online www.rootsweb.com, http://www.rootsweb.com/~tnobion/goodspeed/t-gdsp.htm
James H. Thomas was born in Dyer County, April 8, 1833 [For parent's history see sketch of M. F. Thomas.], and was reared on a farm. His education was obtained in the common schools and in Belle Forest Collegiate Institute, which was destroyed during the late war. James H. Was married, on the 23rd of March, 1858, to Martha A. Peery, daughter of Archibald Peery. To them were born six children: Dora A., Mary L., (Mrs. D. C. Coleman), Milus L. , Alice M., Eleanor E. and Sarah I. The mother of this family was born in Weakley County , September 19, 1839, and died at the homestead, surrounded by her family June 30, 1877. Mr. Thomas was an old line Whig, but since the war has affiliated with the Democratic party. He is a Mason, and an elder in the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, and has served four years as county surveyor, and at the present time is serving in the capacity of deputy. He purchased his farm of seventy three acres in 1867, and devotes it principally to raising cereals.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 78873813 - Milus J. Thomas.
- [S695] 19 Jun 1870, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: M593_1552, Image 125, Page 62.
- [S696] 01 Jun 1880, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T9_1273, Family History Film 1255273, Page 1.1.