Marie Magdelaine Leger1
F, #6321, b. circa 1795, d. before 31 October 1821
Marie Magdelaine Leger was born circa 1795 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.1 She was the daughter of Paul Leger and Marie Constance Potier.1 She married David Akerson on 12 May 1812 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.2 She married Antoine Ritter, son of Michel Ritter and Marie Louise Stelly, on 6 September 1814 at St. Landry Catholic Church, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.1,3 She died before 31 October 1821.4 She was the subject of a succession filed in November 1821 at St. Landry Parish Courthouse, Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.5
Family: Marie Magdelaine Leger and David Akerson
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, RITTER, Marie Magdelaine (Antoine RETHER & Marie Magdelaine LEGER - from here) b. 14 July 1815, bt. 6 May 1816 Pats: Michel RETHER - from Pennsylvania & Marie Louise SCHETELI [STELLY] - from Jean Baptiste Parish; Mats: Paul LEGER - from New York in America & Marie Constance POTIER - from Havre de Grace; Spons: Paul LEGER & Marie Louise SCHETELI [STELLY] - paternal and maternal grandparents. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.2, p.75).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, LEGER, Marie - originally from this parish (Paul LEGAIRE or LEGERE & Marie Constance POTTIER) m. 12 May 1812 David AKERSON - originally from Pensilvanie [Pennsylvania] (Georges & Barbe ULRIK) Wits: Paul LEGAIRE, Jean GUILBEAU fils. Fr. Louis BUHOT (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.223).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, LEGER, Marie Magdelaine - native of this parish (minor daughter of Paul - native of New York & Marie Constance POTIER - native of Havre de Grace in France - and inhabitants of this parish) m. 6 Sept. 1814 Antoine RITTER - native of this parish (minor son of Michel RAYTHER - native of Maryland & Marie Louise SCHETELI - native of the "fleuve" [river] in the parish of St. Jean Baptiste - and inhabitants of this parish) Wits: Augustin BOUDRAUD - representing the groom's parents, Paul LEGER - bride's father, Jean LABARTHE, William JOHNSON, John SHINE, Alexandre LEGER, Sylvin POTIER - all inhabitants of this parish. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE (Opel. Ch.: v.1-A, p.257).
- [S19] SWLR - St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church, RITTER, Antoine - about 25 yrs. old; widower of Marie Magdelaine LEGER; born and living at Opeloussas (dec. Michel & Marie Louise STELLY) m. 31 Oct. 1821 Tharzile SAVOYE - 21 years old; living at Attakapas (Joseph & dec. Manon CORMIER) Wits: Francois MAUPOINT, Adrien GUILBEAU. Fr. Hercule BRASSAC (GC Ch.: v.1, p.14, #37).
- [S100] SWLR - St. Landry Parish Courthouse, RITTER, Antoine m. Marie Magdalen LEGERE In Succ. of Marie Magdalen LEGERE dated Nov. 1821 (Opel. Ct.Hse.: Succ.#240).