M, #4589, b. 29 July 1903, d. 8 May 1988
Jack Antony Vassanelli was born on 29 July 1903 at Brockwayville, Jefferson County, Pennsylvania.2,3,1 He was the son of Antonio Francesco Vassanelli and Carolina Vesentini.4 As of 12 April 1910, Giacomo Vassanelli arrived in New York City after visiting Antonio's father, Giacomo Vassanelli, at Bussolengo, Province of Verona, Italy.5 His Social Security Number was 190-07-4240 issued on 3 December 1936 at Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.3,1 He was employed by Joseph Maria on 3 December 1936 at 615 Webster Avenue, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.1 As of 3 December 1936, Jack Antony Vassanelli lived at 1009 Ephiany Street, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.1 He married Sara Angeline Barcaro, daughter of Dominick Barcaro and Filomena Sarchione, before 1949.2 As of 10 August 1949, Jack Antony Vassanelli and Sara Angeline Barcaro lived at 180 B, Windham, Portage County, Ohio.2 He was employed as a laborer on 10 August 1949 at Koppers Construction, Ohio.2 As of 8 May 1988, Jack Antony Vassanelli lived at Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.3 He was buried on 8 May 1988 at St. George's Cemetery, 920 Brownsville Road, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.6 He died on 8 May 1988 at age 84 years, 9 months and 9 days.3,6
- [S211] Jack Antony Vassanelli, Social Security Number Application Form, 190-07-4240 (03 Dec 1936).
- [S168] Caroline Rose Vassanelli, Certificate of Live Birth, 134 - 49 - 117586 (15 Aug 1949).
- [S20] Death Records, SSDI Search Results.
- [S158] Interview, Caroline Rose Salmi, (05 Feb 2005).
- [S1018] Antonio Vassanelli, S. S. Manuel Calvo Passenger List, 12 Apr 1910; T715, P. 161, T715_1450.
- [S1390] Pennsylvania, Veterans Burial Cards, 1777-1999, online search.ancestry.com, Name: Jack A Vassanelli
Birth Date: 29 Jul 1903
Death Date: 8 May 1988
Military Branch: Army
Veteran of Which War: World War II
Cemetery Name: St George's Cemetery
920 Brownsville Road, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.