Jo Kathryn Smyly1
F, #2413, b. 10 November 1927, d. 13 November 2014
- 2nd cousin of Joseph Wayne Peery
Joe Catherine Smyly was born at 11:10 am on 10 November 1927 at Roganville, Jasper County, Texas.1,2,3,4 She was the daughter of Samuel Bronson Smyly Jr. and Lera Cleo Childers.1,3,4 She appeared as a daughter on the census of 17 April 1930 in the household of Sam Smyly and Lera Cleo Smyly at Pct 5, Roganville, Jasper County, Texas.5 She married Glenn Horace Steele circa 1950.4 She was the informant on the death certificate of Neva Zoie Childers on 17 February 1982 at Mary Dickerson Hospital, Jasper, Jasper County, Texas.6,7 She became a widow upon the death of her husband, Glenn Horace Steele, on 26 May 2014 at Beaumont, Jefferson County, Texas.8 She died on 13 November 2014 at her home at Jasper, Jasper County, Texas, at age 87 years and 3 days.3 She was buried on 17 November 2014 at Jasper City Cemetery, Main Street, Jasper, Jasper County, Texas.3,9
Children of Jo Kathryn Smyly and Glenn Horace Steele
- [S1323] Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903-1932, online search.ancestry.com, Name: Joe Catherine Smyly
Birth Date: 10 Nov 1927
Birth Place: Roganville, Jasper, Texas, USA
Father: Sam Bronson Smyly
Father Birth Place: Tyler County, Texas
Mother: Lera Cles Childers
Mother Birth Place: Johnson County, Texas
Mother Residence: Roganville, Texas.
- [S314] Texas, Birth Index, 1903-1997, online search.ancestry.com.
- [S1138] The Beaumont Enterprise, Obituaries, The Beaumont Enterprise, Beaumont, TX, Obituary, Jo Kathryn Steele, published in The Beaumont Enterprise on 16 Nov 2014, viewed at www.beaumontenterprise.com on 18 Nov 2014.
- [S97] Buckmaster, Holmes, Lanier & Thurber Family Tree, online www.ancestry.com.
- [S966] 17 Apr 1930, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: 2361, Image 586.0, P4B.
- [S1293] Texas, Death Certificates, 1903-1982, online search.ancestry.com, Name: Neva Zoie Wilson
[Neva Zoie Childers]
Birth Date: 27 Jan 1903
Birth Place: Texas
Race: Caucasian (White)
Residence: Jasper, Jasper, Texas
Father: Joseph T. Childers
Mother: Mintie Hancock
Age at Death: 79
Death Date: 17 Feb 1982
Death Place: Jasper, Jasper, Texas, USA.
- [S910] Dianne Pace, The Cemeteries of Jasper County, Texas, Volume 1, p. 423.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 130468042 - Glenn Horace Steele.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 138750093 - Jo Kathryn Smyly Steele.