Nicolas Joseph Prevost
M, #2169, b. circa 1715, d. November 1806
- 5th great-grandfather of Joseph Wayne Peery
Nicolas Joseph Prevost was born circa 1715 at Saint Philippe du Grand Marais, Illinois Territory, French Louisiana.1 Nicolas Joseph Prevost also went by the name of Nicolas Provot dit Blondin.1 He was the son of Claude Prevost and Marie Anne Borgne.1 He married Marie Therese Kiermer circa 1735.1 He became a widower upon the death of his wife, Marie Therese Kiermer, before July 1745.1 A contract for the marriage of Nicolas Provot dit Blondin and Marie Francoise Quebodeaux was signed on 20 July 1745 at Saint Philippe du Grand Marais, Illinois Territory, French Louisiana.1 He married Marie Francoise Quebodeaux, daughter of Joseph Quebodeaux and Marie Anne Beau, on 27 July 1745 at Notre-Dame de-la Conception, Kaskaskia, Illinois Territory, French Louisiana.2 He was a veteran of the Spanish-English War 1779-1783.3 He died in November 1806 at St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.4 He was buried on 20 November 1806 at St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.3,4
Family: Nicolas Joseph Prevost and Marie Therese Kiermer
Child of Nicolas Joseph Prevost and Marie Francoise Quebodeaux
- Marie Magdelaine Prevost+ b. 1747, d. 4 Mar 1807
- [S1408] Ancestry Family Trees, online http://search.ancestry.com, Marie Anne Borgne - Est. of Death
From Patricia H Forsander Family Tree Maker
Notes for Claude Prevost:
45:7:20:1 (July 20, 1745 Doc 1): Marriage contract between Nicolas Provot dit Blondin, of St. Phillipe du Grand Marais, widower of the late Marie Therese Kiermer, son of Claude Provot and of the late Marianne Borgne, of Boulogne, diocese of Boulogne, parish of Lonvilliers de St. Nicolas, and Marie Francoise Quebedau, daughter of the late Joseph Quebedau, and Marianne Antoine Beau, of Kaskaskia. Bride agrees to care for Provot's children by his first wife. Executed at St. Phillipe.
(Witnesses) Jean Baptiste Chauvin; Pierre Butaut; Pierre Colet; Jacques Millet;3pp. Priv. IV, 52.
- [S1407] Early U.S. French Catholic Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1695-1954, online http://search.ancestry.com, Name: Francoise Quebidu
Spouse: Nicolas Proveau
Event: Mariage (Marriage)
Event Year: 1695-1834
Place of Worship or Institution: Caskakias
- [S117] Attakapas Militia Marker Monument, St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, St. Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.
- [S9] SWLR - St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church, PREVOST, Joseph - of Illinois (Nicolas) d. at Joseph Pierre NEZAT - of La Pointe sur le Bayou Teych, bur. 20 Nov. 1806 at age 80 yrs. Fr. Gabriel ISABEY (SM Ch.: v.4, #448).