M, #1257, b. 17 December 1804
William Reed was born on 17 December 1804 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana. He was the son of Samuel Reed and Marie LeJeune.1 He married Emerante Hebert, daughter of Joachim Hebert I and Marie Francois Philippe Fontenot, on 30 December 1828 at Opelousas, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.1,2 He was the subject of a succession filed on 23 August 1842.3
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, HEBERT, Emerante - native of this parish (minor daughter of Joachin & Marie FONTENOT) m. 30 Dec. 1828 William REED - native of this parish (major son of Samuel & Marie LEJEUNE) Wits: Joseph HEBERT, Adam REED, Lufroy HEBERT, Sifroid HEBERT. Fr. Flavius Henri ROSSI (Opel.Ch.: v.1-B, p.530).
- [S100] SWLR - St. Landry Parish Courthouse, HEBERT, Emerante m. 30 Dec. 1828 William REED (Opel. Ct.Hse.: Mar.#88).
- [S15] Louisiana State Archive Record, online www.ancestry.com, REED, William of Prairie Mamou on Bayou Nez Pique; Wid. is Emerante HEBERT In Estate dated 23 August 1842 (LSAR: Opel.:1842).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, REED, Joseph (William & Emerante HEBERT) b. 18 Aug. 1833 (Opel. Ch.: v. 4, p. 77).
- [S2] SWLR - St. Landry Catholic Church, REED, Marie (William & Emerante HEBERT) b. 30 July 1837 (Opel. Ch.: v. 4, p. 77).